It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batman and "Necessary Evils"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I watched the two last most recent Batman movies last night. I started thinking about how in the movie batman is always trying to be incorruptible and not give in to doing somewhat "necessary evils". It kinda feels like people are being misled to believe that we actually need to do some 'small evils' or 'necessary evils' to succeed or get somewhere in the world, or even to do good. I personally think that's the wrong way to approach it. I'm not that much of a dualistic thinker but when one says "one must do small evils" as much as I'm not a dualistic thinker (or so I say) I think that is dualistic and therefore saying that you 'have to do evil' which really is approaching life in a dualistic manner, and I'm all about non-dualism. yea so some people might be misled and don't really mean it, but it does seem like much of them are brainwashed to be this way. I see it all the time, it seems like most people have just come to accept that this is the way reality is and that we should do 'necessary evils' or "small evils'. Everyone seems to have a dark side to them, they're approaching life in this way.

I think it's all part of a conspiracy to make everyone desensitized.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Quiet Storm

... people are being misled to believe that we actually need to do some 'small evils' or 'necessary evils' to succeed or get somewhere in the world

People are also encouraged to accept evil and that evil is ok if you have some kind of remorse for your evil thoughts and actions.

Imagine having to go through life believing that you were a demon or a lizard or an alien or something.

Pretty messed up.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Yea.. we're also have been taught that if we don't do 'necessary evils' we are cowards, unmanly, unsexy, insane, immature etc. Even.. "not good". To a point where people would think that to live is to struggle, to live is to do 'bad things' in the name of 'good'.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by The Quiet Storm

Sorry to say this Quiet Storm, but if you deny your dualistic nature you are not on the path towards "truth". Of course you might not care about getting on this said path, but you will continue to misunderstand the world you live in. Your interpretation of Batman is pretty simplistic.

new topics

top topics

join