It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama denounces 'big oil blame game' as experts question information on leak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Obama denounces 'big oil blame game' as experts question information on leak

www.timesonline.co.uk

President Obama vowed last night to end the oil industry’s “cosy relationship” with federal regulators, castigating industry executives for creating a “ridiculous spectacle” after they attempted to blame one another for the Gulf of Mexico spill.

He admitted that the Government shared responsibility for the disaster but expressed frustration at the industry’s failure to do the same during hearings on Capitol Hill this week. “I did not appreciate what I considered to be a ridiculous spectacle during the congressional hearings,” he said last night.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.ninemsn.com.au
www.abc.net.au
www.tampabay.com
www.abc.net.au

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

A shrimper collects oil in the Gulf. Experts fear leak could be 2.9m gallons a day.

Obama is more hypocritical than his predecessor Bush (both are frontmen owned by the corporate-governmental complex) in dealing with the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

I sense Obama's nationalization of the oil industry, but he is actually owned by Big Oil.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

I'm not sure what part of this you are referring to Obama being hypocritical, although he is hypocritical in alot of his words and actions. I am glad to see him saying that the federal government sharing responsibility in this matter though because they did allow this to happen.

Even if he truly wants to end this "cozy relationship" it will not happen... too many entrenched bureaucrats hold the keys to this. These bureaucrats are not elected and will remain long after Obama leaves office.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Story already posted (last night):

Barak Obama: no more cosying up to the oil industry

top topics

join