It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

saying good by to the shuttle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Atlantis has its last flight today on a perfect sunny day with no glitches going out in style.
I was just a teen when the shuttle program started and went to the library to read every thing i could find on it. then in 1986 i was in English class and the teacher had that launch on and i jumped up and yelled at the tv wile watching 7 great people die.
never once thinking we should stop our space endeavor.
someware out there there's a rock with earths name and when that day comes the earth will once again be reset to start over.
The only sure way to avoid becoming a dino is if were out there some-ware.
I want my kids to be able to look back not just a 100k years or even a million k years but a 100 billion k years. so long from now the sun its self will be dead and the earth goin.
I want my kids to be the ones wo the primitives see in there wheels of fire. wile the rest tell the other were not real.
there may not be aliens out there now but THERE COULD BE and thous aliens would be US.
so to all the men and woman who made space flight possible i salute .one small step for man one giant leap for man kind.
to bodily go . space the final frontier.
darn near makes me want to cry .to all of you here at ats who dare to dream .DREAM on just maybe your draems will come true.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
well i gess it has to blow up for people to care about real space flight .
anyway theres alest one person who will miss you

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It is a sad time for people who have supported the goals of our space program for a generation. It is much as it was for the death of the Apollo program.

However, our future is in space, and there will be expanding capabilities in the near future.

join