It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama: No more cosying up to oil industry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Barack Obama: No more cosying up to oil industry

news.bbc.co.uk

US President Barack Obama has vowed to end the "cosy relationship" between oil companies and US regulators in the light of the Gulf of Mexico disaster.

Promising "relentless" efforts to stop the oil leak, he rebuked oil industry executives for seeking to pass on blame for the disaster in Congress.

He condemned "the ridiculous spectacle of oil executives falling over each other to point the finger of blame".

Mr Obama was speaking after meeting his cabinet at the White House.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Following the TV claims that the disaster was caused by legislators relaxing the obligation for drillers to have a fail-safe device in place (see link below), it looks like the White House is going all-out to deflect any hint of culpability.

The question for the White House is: can they convince the masses that their hands are clean?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related thread:

The REAL REASON behind the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico

[edit on 14/5/10 by pause4thought]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
No, we'll just cozy up to Goldmans Sachs and other huge financial firms so they keep on giving money.
what a sham.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36d910fa4e57.gif[/atsimg]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Obama has never had oil on his side. Campaig promises and political posturing abound is the nature of his movements. His push for the new drilling was used as a tool to pass the Obamacare and nothing more. Should we be surprised...no

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Lol, Obama can accuse BP, since he didn't get money from them. Accusing banks is another story.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bkfd54

Obama has never had oil on his side.

What about other members of his administration? Are they all squeaky clean?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I thought Obama was for drilling?

www.chron.com...

Maybe I should just look at his actions...ooo thats no good either is it?

Obama just talks the talk, but never walks the walk.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
What did you expect him to say?

Yeah, it's a big mess, but Oil is money! We'll keep cozy with the oil companies till the cow comes home, as they represent the top 3 richest companies in the world!"

Seriously, anytime someone is shocked at a positive message put out by an organization as a form of damage control, I shake my head. He's just saying things that will reduce the fallout as much as possible, in reality the status quo will remain the same.

Seriously, did you expect him to say anything else?

top topics

join