It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Language, thoughts?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

A language transmitted telepathically shouldn't have any advantage over spoken language. It may even cause more problems than it solves.

Sure it would...it could convey the emotion, intensity, etc. beyond mere words, as well as images, sounds, smells, etc. in the person's mind along with the message...

Much more efficient, and no misinterpretation.
Why should telepathy be capable of doing those things? How could it work? How would the feeling of an emotion be coded in a way that could be universally understood? Only those who know the code should understand the message. Or you could just say telepathy is magic and it allows anything.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myuzik
Also, you dont think in language, you break your concepts down into language. Its concept first. I dont get where your abstract comment is either. I get pretty pure thoughts, and they are not abstract. lol

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Myuzik]

Your thoughts are abstract. A thought about a chair is not the same thing as a chair, it is only the coded representation of a chair, a code that is recognized within the architecture of your mind, through its relative association with other things.

When you think "chair" there is a complex chain reaction involving billions of interrelated components that have all been associated to the idea of chair. You don't notice all of this activity going on because it is almost entirely automatic and subconscious. (Humans have almost no self-awareness.)

It is impossible to transmit the idea of 'chair'. The concept as it exists in your mind only exists within the context of your neural architecture. Ideas are relative.

We have to invent a universal code before we can communicate the idea of 'chair' to anyone else. We have to agree on a definition of 'chair'. And then it is only a generalization, we cannot be sure that we are really communicating, because what we think of when we think 'chair' isn't exactly the same thing as what someone else thinks when they think 'chair'.

For example, 'chair', for me conjures up the image of a plate of mashed potatoes left uneaten behind a sofa in the living room of my childhood home. It is simply part of my conceptualization of the idea of chair. Not only would it be impossible to transmit the entire concept of chair as it exists in my mind, but it would be totally unhelpful to flood the telepathic airwaves with the billions of associations (such as a plate of uneaten mashed potatoes) that only together encapsulate the idea of chair in my brain.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Is there any concrete evidence of Aliens trying to communicate with us anywhere down the line?

I think one thing that needs to be looked into, are crop circles. I was watching some TV show about crop circles and someones theory was that some of them, the legit ones, are some form of ET communication to us.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeDeZo

SpeDeZo.....

Alien Language, thoughts?

No

Edit.....I can't even get my own Earthly language correct & write a 1 word reply properly!

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Crop circles are indeed interesting idea. If you find some rather peculiar ones with symbols and with lot credibility then just throw them here.
I personally think that crop circles are very unlikely way to communicate as there are better ways to communicate than to do messages on fields with limited audience dare I say. If I were alien i would probably either avoid contact or make contact using technologies known by man after some time of covert studying of humans. Nonetheless this thread is open to all kind suggestions as I am.

P.S. If you feel that you don't have any ideas then go to ATS Draw an alien thread or www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread525580/pg1 to get some inspiration. Imagine how these things would communicate and be critical towards yourself. Post it here. After all this is not über-serious thread rather thread to get new ideas and share them....hopefully

[edit on 14-5-2010 by SpeDeZo]

[edit on 14-5-2010 by SpeDeZo]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
the language of these aliens are sumerian

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Primitive tribespeople understand the concept of telepathy. It's not a hard concept to grasp. If science can't explain something then we don't label it magic. It's unexplained. As far as I know we are still in the Dark Ages with science. I am sick of people putting down every idea they can't understand. Kind of like hard core Bible Thumpers who believe UFOs are the devil.

Alien Speech? Found in NASA's Saturn Radio Signal

Telepathy vs Language
- fast, efficient, universally understood
- much higher average number of thoughts communicated
- no energy wasted writing, speaking
- no miscommunication, misunderstanding
- no technology needed for communication
- no limits on distance

I don't see why they can't use speech AND telepathy.

A better question is, do aliens use math? Most likely. Then we can assume they use language.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

Well this depends entirely on ones description of true telepathy. If you believe that telepathy works by the visualisation of a word or phrase, and the sending of that simple, unaugmented information, then sure, its not a big deal.
However, full on telepathy can also be described as more than just a communication medium. For instance, it may work like this:
You wish to know where a visiting alien comes from, and rather than transmitting a series of meaningless characters to your brain, the alien transmits a stellar map, and a few images from its memory , from the surface of its planet, or what it looks like in close orbit, and maybe taking refference from objects it has passed along the way , provides the reciever with a rough idea of where in space it is, in relation to astronomical bodies we know about here on earth.
Similarly , if one of us wanted to explain our family unit to an alien, we would picture the things we do with our families, our early years, to convey the meaning of family. In order to give the alien a good idea of our development in science, one might picture the moon landing, the hubble telescope, and the LHC.
Along with these raw images, sent by either party, could be the emotional reaction one has to those sensory inputs or outputs. This would allow for a much deeper understanding contextualy than might be possible through character based communication. A really great example of that would be the difference between having a conversation on the phone, and getting a text messege. Often times, because vocal inflections are missing from text speak, meaning can be lost, even though the wording may be similar. In the case of telepathy , the possibility for emotion to be linked to any sent messege allows for clarity in certain respects. I really do not think that telepathy is just a muddle of a way to do things, I believe if it exists that it would have to be exacting, contextualy efficient, and quicker (at the speed of thought no less), than speech or character based correspondance....
I could have thought this post quicker than I could ever have typed it !

[edit on 15-5-2010 by TrueBrit]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeDeZo

watch windtalkers

top topics

<< 1   >>

join