It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Says Oil Spill Is 'Drop In The Ocean'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

BP Says Oil Spill Is 'Drop In The Ocean'

news.sky.com

The boss of BP has said the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is relatively tiny compared with the size of the ocean - but conceded it could cost him his job.

Around four million gallons of oil have gushed into the water since the BP-operated Deepwater Horizon rig exploded and sank on April 20, killing 11 workers.

Engineers are under pressure to control the leak after a first attempt to cover the main well failed.

They have lowered a container called a 'top hat' to the seabed and are prep
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Ok, i know there have been plenty of threads about this disaster but this one needs to be up here.... it seems to me that BP aren't really taking this seriously... to say something like 'it's just a drop in the Ocean' is near enough saying it's a joke... a drop in the ocean... a little spill of oil in the ocean.

I really do hope they are taking this seriously and plug that hole asap.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It is my impression that they are quite not sure how to "plug the hole", so to speak...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It might be cheaper for them to just abandon the leak and pay out some cash to the people who live on the coast.

Walk away to drill another day.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

BRITISH Petrolum or BP has had an abysmal track record and has gotten away with GROSS NEGLIGENCE multiple times *multiple plants have blown up killing a number of people*. What do they care if they foul someone else's backyard?

They NEED to be ran out of the damn country.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
It might be cheaper for them to just abandon the leak and pay out some cash to the people who live on the coast.

That is the most lame solution ever.
Leave the beaches to ruin. Destroy the tourist industry. Destroy the fishing industry. I mean do you even think for one second before you post?

I guess you could give a crap about all the life we are killing in the water and out.

You sound about as bright as Palin, with your drill another day comment.
I suppose you are one of those who think man can't hurt the planet.

I know stupidity is a human trait, but you must be the leader.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLaPPiE

Leave the beaches to ruin. Destroy the tourist industry. Destroy the fishing industry.

From a business standpoint it doesn't make much sense to spend excessive amounts of capital to cap the leak when they know they are gonna get sued anyways.

Write it off and walk away BP.

Let the government deal with it.

Nuke the site.

Cauterize the wound.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
If it's just a drop, then why havent they cleaned that little insignificant drop up?

Why havent they plugged the little needle that this little drop has seeped through?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
When the clean-up of this oil spill bankrupts BP.....I will give them no sympathy...and hopefully Obama tells then to quit crying over their financial loss, as the $$$ amount is merely a "drop in the bucket".

I despise those who cause a problem and then proceed to verbally minimize the problem they created. OK BP, so you don't mind living in a polluted world; well, guess what?....I do!

I pray BP gets
from drilling anywhere near the US ever again...damn fools!

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

It is not a drop in the ocean -it is major pollution.

How does BP do that?? That is PR, which equals lying.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

"We dont believe you, you need more people"

2nd

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gamecock
If it's just a drop, then why havent they cleaned that little insignificant drop up?

Why havent they plugged the little needle that this little drop has seeped through?

They need to clean up as they go . . . and continue to try to cap the damn
thing. If Kevin Costner has some separators, why not let his company try
to clean up the spill while BP concentrates on the leak ?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLaPPiE

Leave the beaches to ruin. Destroy the tourist industry. Destroy the fishing industry.

From a business standpoint it doesn't make much sense to spend excessive amounts of capital to cap the leak when they know they are gonna get sued anyways.

Write it off and walk away BP.

Let the government deal with it.

Nuke the site.

Cauterize the wound.

I tell you what. If BP walks away, they can kiss the good old days of business goodbye. I for one would boycott the crap out of any company that is that environmentally destructive and neglectfull.

Stick that nuke up your ass BTW. I don't need any radiated seafood. You don't need it yourself, but are too ignorant to know it.

So from a buisness standpoint, I think you should look at BP's projected cost to plug, VS. loss in revenue from neglect.

You got any other bright ideas? Right...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
5,000 barrels a day for how long now???

And that's a drop in the ocean....
:shk:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This is disgraceful.. everyone in the world should BOYCOTT BP !!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I got news for you, BP will get away with this. The tough talk Obama was spouting lasted a week, BP is a multi-national company and a massive contributor to all the major players on the world stage. Why do you think they can be so nonchalant about it. They will probably end up with a slap on the wrists at best......

top topics

join