It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook adds new security tools

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Facebook adds new security tools

news.smh.com.au

Facebook has added new security tools to prevent hacking amid a growing storm over privacy at the social network.

The new security features, unveiled on Thursday, include giving members the ability to approve which devices they commonly use to log on to Facebook - a home computer or a mobile phone, for example - through an "Account Settings" page.

"Once you've done this, whenever someone logs in to your account from a device not on this list, we'll ask the person to name the device," Facebook software engineer Lev Popov said in a blog post.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.techtree.com
www.eweek.com
www.google.com
www.zdnetasia.com

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Facebook is getting more and more 'secure', isn't that right?

It's my only link to many of my friends, past and present.

It's only a matter of time before some hacker can be able to circumvent the system's security features and hack into your Facebook page and freely view it.

Wow. Unbelievable.

Do you have Facebook pages of your own, and if you do have one, do you appreciate the social networking site's security upgrades?

news.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
While signing in from another PC, i had to identify pics of my friends to prove it was me...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
While signing in from another PC, i had to identify pics of my friends to prove it was me...

Another grand security measure by Facebook, and they can determine what PC you use...

...it's another form of passive espionage.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I saw this story earlier. I have logged in/out of my Facebook several times...I'm not getting the new security question thing. I think the article should read: "Facebook is going to add security tools", because so far as I can tell, none have been implemented yet.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
When I logged into Facebook yesterday I was asked If I ever logged into a computer in Germany as some one else had been getting onto my site for some reason. I had to change my password but its better than getting facebook raped

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don't use FB but I hear this is a useful privacy tool for those that do: www.reclaimprivacy.org...

top topics

join