It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to fund Israel's missile system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Obama to fund Israel's missile system

www.presstv.ir

US President Barack Obama wants Congress to pay Israel more than $200 million to fund a new missile system, the White House spokesman says.

Obama has asked Congress to approve the aid so that Israel could deploy a controversial missile system called the "Iron Dome."

White House spokesman Tommy Vietor said on Thursday that Washington recognizes the need for Israel to have such a system.

Israel has completed tests in January on the short-range anti-missile system which is designed to intercept rockets and artillery shells.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.legitgov.org
news.bbc.co.uk
rebelnews.org
news.antiwar.com

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
It is of my opinion that the US is hated by the Muslim world because of our support for Israel. Now, here we go again, giving the Israelis a very large sum of money, even though they have one of the best economies in the world.

Don't we have better things to spend our hard-earned tax-dollars on? Right here, in my own school district, they are debating on what programs to shut down from my own child's school. Will it be PE or the sports program or maybe even the science club because there isn't enough money, yet we seem to have enough money to send Israel extremely large sums of money, in the billions (with a "B"). We also have enough money to hand-out to already wealthy bankers and Wall Street bafoons. How about we let Israel pay their own way through life and we use our hard-earned tax-dollars on the things that WE need, such as schooling for our children or even the pot hole down the street that has been there for well over a year.

I'm sick and tired of pulling the weight for Israel when our own weight isn't even being pulled. It would be much better if Israel wasn't using this money and military support to instigate conflict with the Palestinians and others but even still, I would not support handing them over so much money and military support. Their use of this support only adds salt to the already gaping wound. My labor and tax money is being used to further violence against people that have done no harm to me, many of them women and children, for the sole benefit of another nation. What a shame!

Just my 2 cents.

--airspoon

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-5-2010 by airspoon]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Im not that politically savvy so Im not sure what the US has to gain from such actions?
I think Israel is capable of supplying its own funds.
The US could better spend there money supporting there own economy but Im sure Israels weapons system comes from America so why don't they just ship the system straight over there setup and occupy Israel.
The PTB make it sound like there just protecting the Israelis but to me it sounds like there provoking the surrounding nations maybe to incite another war to get there economy up and running again.
There maybe a method behind there extreme madness.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

kind of late arent you

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

U'r absolutely right airspoon. We (america) have become the lap dogs of Europe and Israel due to banking relations and Zionist lobbyists , back when we stole what is now known as Israel from the palestinians.

new topics

top topics

join