It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My paranormal journey...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
...has kind of come to an end of sorts.

Maybe with some help it could really take off again. There was a point in time (about a year ago) that my spiritual and paranormal interest was off the scales. I'd looked into psychic vampirism, basic energy work, and I was really looking into totally crazy and awesome things whether or not they did have any validity.

Shortly after I looked into it, I had three deaths in my family not very far apart from one another. I took it as a hint to get out of that subject and to just continue with where I left off with my "old" life. So, I had for a while...Got back to the same old shtick. I played PS3 quite a bit, looked into music, and shooting from time to time. Hang out with my lady friend and even my family. Somewhere, though, deep down inside me wants to get back to a paranormal life. It intrigues me...though, I wonder if there really is any reason for me to go back. Which is why I feel like maybe I should just take time away from it.

Another problem is that I am really the only one in my location that really is into it (that I know of). When I'm the only one who I physically see that shares the interests I feel kind of alone and I question my mission and purpose.

If anyone can offer up any help, that'd be great! I just want to get back into it but can't for whatever reason. I need some inspiration or some reason to carry on with the journey. Ugh, sorry to come on ATS begging for help like this but it might be my only hope?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I also have periods of normal life, then intense periods of paranormal type of life. I believe it has to do with fluctuations in vibes and energy of the world. I don't know. Something like that.

But hey, if you want to get back into paranormal and spiritual types of stuff, I can recommend a couple things for you.

First, meditate. If you seem to have ineffective meditation sessions, take it outside onto the earth. Ever since I started meditating outside, my success and experiences have been much better

Also, when you can and in a suitable environment, walk barefoot. Like I said, not everywhere, but in a nice soft grassy area there is really no need for you to be wearing shoes. If you are concered about stepping on something, then pay more attention to where you are stepping.

Meditating barefoot outside in the grass on a nice starry night really can ramp up some good spiritual activity within yourself and the world around you.

Hope this helped.

-Sol

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
My best advice is to follow your instincts - regardless of whether or not you are receiving some kind of notice, if you will, from a supernatural force. Perhaps this is your body's way of telling you to take a break? To reboot.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Thanks for the tips! I will heed your advice. There was a time when I was sooo stoked about the paranormal experiences that it was the only thing on my mind and I might have just burnt myself out on it because I was so interested in what could happen I never really practiced enough to actually go that far. But, I am going to take a slight pause for a while, and like JBurns said just reboot. That'll be my best bet and hopefully return better than ever. Any other advice is still greatly welcome.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
How much death can steal from us!
Many say letting go of your passions, and no longer enjoying them is a sign of depression.
With 3 consecutives deaths in the family, how could one not be depressed?
Perhaps just a thought.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
If you get a chance you should check out the scole experiments, reaaally interesting and kinda got me into a lot of paranormal research.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by moshpup

I think that the Schole experiments have been debunked as the controls were quite poor.

Anyway After FUndies I dislike pentagram wearing OTT pagans. If you can't get out of bed without reading your cards I kind of shuffle away.

Anything to an excess is wrong. Hang out, party, Catch a film, etc etc. and do your research. Whatever it is.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

I'm just saying it was interesting lol, kinda got me back into researching other stuff with more credibility.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Why try and separate your spiritual/paranormal life from your regular life? Let them intertwine, let them mix and mesh.

If you won't let the spiritual/paranormal in the door whenever it sees fit; why would you be able to enter that world whenever you saw fit?

Life is spiritual, and full of paranormal things. Just learn to look for them in every day life. And sooner or later I'm sure those around you will catch on to your charged and 'amped up energy. Then you won't be alone in your pursuits anymore.

~ Scribe

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

Hey friend.

I'm sorry to hear about the deaths in your family. I have found that over the years of my workings with all things paranormal, sometimes it's healthy to take a break from it all. I was in pretty deep for a few years, and then I somehow forced off the lightswitch. After about two years I decided to turn it back on and get really deep with meditation. It worked, and now I am back as good as new (all except for the fact that I broke my lightswitch!!!!). Since you are new to the whole thing I would recommend what Sol said: meditate a lot, walk barefoot in the grass a lot (which I do quite frequently now, thanks to Sol!), and just absorb the good energies that are being put out by nature. I feel as if you are looking for something to truly see to validate your own feelings on the topic. When it is time, you will find what you seek. The very basics would be to work on lining up and centering your energies. Look up grounding and centering on google and you will find some great resources for that meditation. Work on shielding, as once you start opening yourself up fully again, you will undoubtedly run into some not-so-nice things. They can't really hurt you....just spook you. Using your own personal shield will help with your progress. It will train you to block out the bad energies and focus on the good ones. Further than that, you have to let your higher self guide you, as there are so many paths to take. You will know the path when you see it....believe me, I did....it just took 27 years to find it.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

new topics

top topics

join