It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Red Planet Cartoon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i was going through my bankers boxes full of sci-fi books when i came accross heinlein's book "the red planet." it made me recall back when i was a kid the cartoon mini series based off this novel. i absolutely loved that series, and in fact, that and star wars are what got me hooked onto the sci-fi scene. anyway though, i want to get my hands on a copy of this series, but haven't been able to find ANYTHING on amazon.com or bestbuy.com. those are the only two online stores i really know of... does anyone know of anywhere that may carry this series? or perhaps have a copy of it they might want to loan out? thanks!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Both a friend and I have been perplexed by the simple fact that there is so -very little- information regarding this cartoon series. What I'm saying, then, is that there's little help, but that there are others looking for this series from one of science fiction's grand masters as well. The search continues, and hopefully there will one day be some real news to report.

L.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I'm with you guys... I've been searching for a copy of the show for years, and I think back to when I watched it as a kid, and not recording it... to think I was so stupid back then, and now I can't think of much but wanting to watch it again, and have my kids watch it... hopefully someone will find it and share with the rest of us or Fox will smart up and release it on DVD...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
here is a link for a company that sells this mini- series I hope this helps.

www.ioffer.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It was a miniseries aired on FOX. the company who made the miniseries/movie (and i believe who DID hold the rights to Red Planet) died off many years back. it seems that there is a large following of people who really want this soo.....

I obtained a copy of the cartoon a few years back on a home-made vhs. I had my friend who does professional wedding videos try to clean up the movie a little bit, but there are a few rough patches that just can't be fixed. but its WAY better than nothing. I'm ripping it right now to my computer.

Hopefully you will see a torrent of all three episodes up on mininova in the next week or so. since nobody seems to hold the copyrights anymore, this should be perfectly legal, right? I'll try to label it Red Planet Cartoon (miniseries) if you guys go looking for it.

join