It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Nominee NOT symnpathetic towards Second Ammendment supporters!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Ok, so after learning of her disdain for the 1st Ammendment, information is uncovered recording here disdain for the 2nd Ammendment!

Kagan was "Not Sympathetic" to gun rights argument

Um, she seems to be deconstructing our Constitutional rights! First, we learned of her desire for the government to censor people that the government doesn't agree with. We learned of her soft handling of two Harvard law professors who had broken the rules and were found guilty of plagiarism. We learned of her banning the military from the Harvard campus. No this!

In almost every, and there is very little to go on, opinion that she has issued, she has been on the WRONG side - the LOSING side.

As we have seen, the Supreme Court has struck down DC's gun ban while she favored it.

There is absolutely NO reason that this "Woman" should be appointed to the Supreme Court. She has repeatedly demonstrated that she is an activist and NOT a competent adjudicator!
Obama's poor choices continue to confound me and lead me to believe that he completely abondonded any and all of our founding principles.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by kozmo]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Well, maybe some day she will be the victim of a violent crime, and then realize the meat and potatos of an actual life and death scenario. Then she will truly understand the importance of self preservation and self defence.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

I don;t think thgat will matter in the least. This "Woman", from what little is known, seems intent on dismantling our Constitutional rights and appears to favor complete dictatorial control.

In fact, she even supported giving the Executive Branch (President), nearly unfettered power!

I'm suprised more people haven't commented on this??? I guess people are starting to accept the idea that the government, be it the Executive, Legislative or, in this case, the JUdicial Branch are going to disarm us and they're ok with it. Hard to believe, but seems to be the case.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

She's one of the beautiful people surrounded by security guards armed with guns. If she's ever a victim of a violent crime it will be turned into more anti-gun rhetoric.

These people are all about gun rights when its the gun in the hands of the security who protect their asses 24/7.

Their version of "let them eat cake" is "let them hire their own security firm."

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

The American government could never forcefully disarm Americans, that's impossible and simply scare mongering. They will culturally indoctrinate to the point where a generation will simply ask for guns to be banned. That's decades away though.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I would LOVE to believe that you're right, but I fully disagree. Wea re going to see this go down in our lifetime - probably sooner as opposed to later.

This "Woman's" confirmation MUST be blocked!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

It may be nigh impossible and scaer mongering but buy simply ignoring it and permitting the ranks of authority to swell with anti-gun individuals who will push seemingly insignificant anti-gun measures we're permitting the mass indoctrination to continue its course unhindered.

I would rather scare monger and hype impossible fears now than be victimized by the mob of the lowest common denominator voting away my guns later.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Come on people!
This is evidence that our New Supreme Court nominee does NOT support your Constitutional rights. This needs to go viral and right now!!! Call your Senators and express your displeasure with this pick and demand, as a voting constituent, that your representative send this nominee to the dustbin of history!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
These are certainly not days in this country where we need someone appointed to the court that has no soild and lengthy record of what they believe.

Talk about stupid! WOW! From Harvard! Didnt Harvard award Seth MacFarlane an honorary? What does that tell you about the vaule of that these days. Ill tell you what it means...BIG DEAL.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by kozmo

The American government could never forcefully disarm Americans, that's impossible and simply scare mongering. They will culturally indoctrinate to the point where a generation will simply ask for guns to be banned. That's decades away though.

They have to move faster than a few decades and then so must we.

This issue one day will kick off major unrest and open dissent in this country one day. I for one have no intention of surrendering any weapons. If ever arrested will consider myself a political prisoner.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
They're not forcefully disarming anyone. They are packing the Supreme Court to make it mandatory that you surrender them or be found guilty of owning an illegal firearm. This is the backdoor method to disarming the public. Germany did it in the 1930s. The uk did it. Australia did it. America is simply next in line.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Anyone's better than that bible humping Evangelist fool Bush brought in.

I think this nominee is actually pretty good. No military on campus...HELL YEAH!

As for those who claim an issue with her and the 2nd amendment...get a grip. First of all, given the current climate there's no way she'll do anything to "disarm" the people. Saying so is just stupid fear mongering.

Also, to everyone who says the 2nd amendment is protecting their rights. That might have been true in the 18th century when the playing field was even...but do you really think your Desert Eagle or puny little Glock will stand up against the US military? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Suuuuuuuure, also, I heard you can hurt them even more by throwing feathers

The constitution's fine...but acknowledge that it's over 200 years old...times change. Eventually everyone and everything has to adapt to changes in the environment, and you or the constitution aren't an exception. After all, we don't live in the 18th century anymore (even if some ppl apparently would like to).

[edit on 13-5-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Just like Hitler, the police state government gets all guns registered, then confiscates them when it lawlessly takes over.

The 2nd amendment helps protect all our other vital civil liberties.

Obama is becoming a HUGE disappointment.

He really is a corporate fascist snake trying to pretend to be something 'better than Bush-Cheney'.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Anyone's better than that bible humping Evangelist fool Bush brought in.

I think this nominee is actually pretty good. No military on campus...HELL YEAH!

Yeah just toss out Harvard as a credential and wow your in!

Harvard in so many areas has been running off of fumes for years. They are not the trusted whatever and held in the regard they once were by the american people. Meaningless intelectual stink pot.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Sure...the top uni in the US, with the top professors...but since they are "evil progressives" that disagree with your views, they're suddenly not good anymore. I'm sure the hundreds of thousands of applicants every year totally agree with you, and so are all those companies offering Harvard grads those lovely high salaries. "Just fumes"...riiiiight

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Logarock

Sure...the top uni in the US, with the top professors...but since they are "evil progressives" that disagree with your views, they're suddenly not good anymore.

Yes you got that right. And its not just me friend. Talk about a good ol boy and gal network! PEE YEW! Talk about a bunch of elitists!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

America is an entirely different beast..from the Uk anyway. Even when guns were legal most people didn't really own one, there was nowhere near the sort of gun culture that America has. And thisguy, im not saying you shouldn't care or pay attention, but you should be looking at kids and how their view of guns is changing though the media. Because that is more dangerous to your right to bear arms than what the politicians can do under present circumstances.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Change can take awhile to implement, but yo have to have ALL of the ingredients. Fist, indoctrinate an entire generation to believe that gun rights are selective and subject to government opinion. Second, have the players in place to enact sweeping changes in the "Legality" of gun ownership. Looks like placing Kagan on the Supreme Court would accomplish number 2. Number 1 is presently underway in public schools.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Even I'm not sympathetic towards the idiot. He had an unlicensed pistol that he was carrying. Reality of the situation was the police probably stopped him from robbing someone.

The remarks she made isn't about gun control but enforcing current gun laws. Big difference in how the article was written and the story headline.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
More fear mongering. Following existing laws has nothing to do with taking away gun rights. Throwing in a Hitler reference doesn't make the fear mongering any truer.

These type of scare mongering lies are why gun owners have such a bad reputation in this country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join