It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Says She's Told Cardinals..Immigration Reform is a 'Manifestation of Our Living..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Pelosi Says She's Told Catholic Cardinals, Archbishops and Bishops They Must Tell Catholics Immigration Reform is a 'Manifestation of Our Living the Gospels'

Monday, May 10, 2010

CNS News

(CNSNews.com) - House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said she has told Catholic cardinals, archbishops and bishops that she wants them to speak from the pulpit for immigration reform and tell Catholics who oppose it that reform “is a manifestation of our living the gospels.”

In her comments at the Catholic Community Conference on Capitol Hill on May 6, Pelosi specifically referenced illegal immigrants in America, saying as a practical matter, “we can’t say to people, 12 million of you, ‘go back to wherever you came from or go to jail.’”

“I would hope that there’s one thing that we can do working together as we go forward that speaks to what the Bible tells us about the dignity and worth of every person -- and that is on the subject of immigration,” Pelosi said in her remarks. “Because I think the Church is going to have to play a very major role in how we, in how people are treated.”

Well so much for the separation of Church and State the Liberals all always so eager to fight for.

I will go on record to say that I do not know what the answer is to the Illegal Immigration problem. It is many faceted and as complicated an issue as this nation has ever faced.

However, I am sure that the answer is not to attempt to influence people through their religious beliefs..

This is shameful even from a politician we are accustomed to behaving in a shameful manner.

Semper

[edit on 5/12/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Nancy is crazy. I quess she wont mind then when churches tell their parishoners how they should feel about gay marriage, or the biblical outlook on borrowing money, or the biblical outlook on divorce.

Also, how will she feel when pastors start telling their members that illegal immigration is unbiblical since we are all called to obey the laws of man, or they say illegal immigration is thievery and the illegals should be punished.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Luca Brasi]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I never like to wish evil on people..but this lady gets pretty damn close.
She doesn't care about this country only about her idiotic views.
I can honestly say, I hate, wait never mind, I really dislike this lady.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I totally agree with you, it seems the hypocrisy never ends.

I know people hate to hear it , but they should be watching Glenn Beck , the last couple of weeks hes being drawing these lines with the Administration getting involved , telling the churches to preach this social justice bs to their congregations.......

Now whether you are religious or not, makes no difference, the point is, they need to keep their noses out of peoples spiritual centers.....

This is all coming very fast and very hard, they are attacking every facet of our lives..........

Remember how they were upset over the patriot act? which they should have been.......where are they now that they are trying to modify the meranda rights of citizens "accused" of terrorism?

How bout net neutrality and the fact that they attempting to make it where they can look through your emails w out a warrant or just cause?

Where are all the screaming liberals who hated on Bush for the patriot act on this stuff?

Where are you on separation of church and state?

Cass Sunstein one of Obamas closest confidants wants to "infiltrate anti-government groups" and plant people to pose , and then create discord or report activities to the government.....

Then it falls under the definition, whats considered anti government? Would ANYONE who doesnt agree with current policies be considered under that BROAD brush?

Isnt it our RIGHT and our DUTY to question our government and its policies? Isnt that what the liberal left was fighting for and doing when Bush was in office?

Where is everyone on all this hypocrisy?

Its time to stop running around with Eyes wide shut

I didnt mean to get on a rant there OP, but it just sparked off some things in my head. People need to wake up to what is going on here.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

"The Church is going to have to tell these people"

"You have to speak about it from the pulpit. I want you to instruct them........"

Hmmm, where is Protoplasmic Traveller? He gets to say I TOLD YOU!

So, is the government/Pelosi admitting they have control of the Churches in the States?

I find this to be blasphemous. Hey buddy, where are your lightening bolts? Now would be a good time!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

One of the biggest problems with this is that the "Masses", or more accurately, the majority of the voting center, will listen to what the Church tells them..

Heck, they listen to what Oprah tells them..

I have no problem admitting that I am a Christian. I am also a firm believer that politics has no place in religion and religion no place in politics...

I have even had pastors tell me that my opinion puts me in danger of going to hell...

But as you so eloquently stated, that is not the real issue here. It is the hypocrisy of convenience.. They, the Liberals, want to stand up for separation when it fits their agenda, when it doesn't, they have no problem mixing it in..

Semper

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Pope Endorses “World Political Authority”

AIM Column | By Cliff Kincaid | July 7, 2009

The controversial Papal statement comes just before a meeting of the G-8 nations and a scheduled meeting between the Pope and President Obama at the Vatican on July 10.

Some in the media are calling it just a statement about "economic justice." But Pope Benedict XVI's "Charity in Truth" statement, also known as an encyclical, is a radical document that puts the Roman Catholic Church firmly on the side of an emerging world government.

In explicit and direct language, the Pope calls for a "true world political authority" to manage the affairs of the world. At the same time, however, the Pope also warns that such an international order could "produce a dangerous universal power of a tyrannical nature" and must be guarded against somehow.

The New York Times got it right this time, noting the Pope's call for a world political authority amounted to endorsement of a New World Economic Order, a long-time goal of the old Soviet-sponsored international communist movement. Bloomberg.com highlighted the Pope's call for a new world order with "teeth."
www.aim.org...

I've said this before...this is going to be a one-world government,one-world religion, "new-age",dominated by the Catholic church,the "harlot" of Revelation.....

(For the "greater good",dontcha know?!)

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luca Brasi

Nancy is crazy. I quess she wont mind then when churches tell their parishoners how they should feel about gay marriage, or the biblical outlook on borrowing money, or the biblical outlook on divorce.

Also, how will she feel when pastors start telling their members that illegal immigration is unbiblical since we are all called to obey the laws of man, or they say illegal immigration is thievery and the illegals should be punished.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Luca Brasi]

She would probably go nutsy case.
Separation of Church and State!
Unless....................it goes my way. lol.

I know, since I have visited some predominatly black churches, that there is a lot of poltical talk from the pulpit in them. But it's considered "okay" because the church was where the power to be free came from in black churches. Speak out against goverment policies that are liberal, in a white church? Ut, oh. The church could lose its status as a nontaxable entity, due to political interference, hence the government/church status.

It's all been twisted. Yes, a preacher should be able to speak out against injustice and government policies. That has nothing to do with the separation of church and state. But a government official calling for a church to promote a political ideal? That is what the constitution was intended to thwart.

Nancy Pelosi=ASSHAT

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
What a perfect story to crystalize the built in hypocrisy of both parties ...

On one hand, as the OP states, we have a Democrat figurehead who seemingly bucks liberal dogma and shamelessly and hypocritically panders to the church to win their favor for the Democrat agenda.

On the other hand we have the conservative talking heads at FOX, newsmax, and CNS who instead of applauding her for actually embracing what is a core foundation of the Republican party, namely the virtue of being god fearing family value christians, condemn her for it because it doesn't fit their agenda.

It really is amazing ... both parties in this case are actually behaving diametrically opposed to their own position and yet condemn one another for it.

If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know about the overt hypocrisy and senselessness of all involved nothing will.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Whats interesting to me is that these people make a career out of being politicians. Their whole goal is to backtrack, sidestep, and reverse their position to appease the trend of their area, whether that trend be being Politically Correct or Humanitarian or etc.. For lack of a better word it's Flip Flopping for personal gain. Liberals to seem to do this tactic more that Conservatives, but both sides of the spectrum are guilty.

Founding Members of the government looked at seats of civic governing as an Obligation to the people. That burden was heavy. Gone are the days when being in a seat of civic authority wasn't simply a career or monetary gain. The burden is now too light.

Pelosi personifies this new mind set in her rash thinking.

I say Political Correctness be damned.

If you are here illegally then you are not a citizen and do not get the same benefits, privileges or rights, that a citizen would get.

To involve religious figures in your struggle for personal satisfaction is obscene at best.

The fathers of the Constitution recognized this.
Perhaps one day we as a Nation will once again understand.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by TruthAboveIgnorance]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I think you have it the other way around my friend. The roman catholic church has control over the majority of all high ranking government officials in the united states. It has infiltrated our political system.

I find it ironic for pelosi to call upon representitives of a church, telling them to preach to their followers biblical reasons to favor such a law, when the church itself feels it is above the Bible.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gdc934

Well whoever is leading the cart, be it government or the church, the cart is full of crap!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

So much is wrong with this picture I don't where to start . In between wanting the church to stick its nose in the states business and her support for illegal aliens are all signs that the political left wing spectrum in the US is getting out of control just as much as their right wing counterparts . The only sensible thing is to send the illegal aliens packing (no pun intended ) and let those in are in the country legally fill in the jobs .

Cheers xpert11.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Nancy Pelosi is a communist. She is not Catholic, she is Jewish.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
She's part of the road crew "paving the road to hell with good intentions."

How many countless times has that ploy been used, and people still fall for it.

"A man should always have two reasons for doing anything: a good reason and the real reason" - J.P. Morgan

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Her suggestion that these folks are somehow being looked down on and not in light of the teachings of Jesus! Wow! The dems are so good at this....making statments as if the suggested concluison was obvious.

There are in the OT laws about immigrants becoming citizens. You could become a citizen of Israle in the old days but there were requirements.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Expoitation of Church by State is a chapter in the Sneaky Politician Handbook. It comes right after the chapter Promises Promises & Denial Denial, and before the chapter Everything You Wanted to Know About Statistics Manipulation but Were Afraid to Ask.

new topics

top topics

join