It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The art of thinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
1. Be aware all the time. Not paranoid, Aware!

Awareness can be gained through clearing ones mind. To find a more fruitful practice on how to clear out your mind look for a meditation manual but only do what works for you. Above all be open minded.

2. Avoid labeling and boxing idea's

Nowadays everything has a label attached to it and because of that we have been unable to enjoy life and have overlooked the obvious miracle that is existence. Because of boxing ideas we have not been able to enjoy or transform our outdated modes of thinking. We even have to be aware of what we are doing because, through bad practice we have made trouble for ourselves because of an imposed will or understanding that we were gaining something. A lot of older people say that having another person and being broke all the time is a lot better than having an empty house as we approach our dieing days.

3. Practice thinking freely on a daily basis.

Question everything that arouses your curiosity but know when to stop questioning. Take leaps outside your normal daily routines. If something doesn't happen let it go. If something happens accept it whether it is good or bad. The person who put themselves in any situation or arrived at any situation might be by a fluke or chance but you are there and that's the end of it. Might as well cope and move on or enjoy yourself.

4. Realize fear and realize happiness

Fear is a self activating mechanism in all life forms. It can be overcome with practice. That is, life experience. Where a child or young mother become fearful for their lives upon spotting a wolf or bear an experienced woodsman might smile and move on. Example: The young mother knows nothing about wildlife because she was raised in the city and has never encountered wildlife just perhaps a zoo. Whereas the woodsman knows it is spring and could be in the area around the salmon run and know that the salmon run is happening so he isn't afraid the bear but gives it plenty of distance. Its all about experience and learning what is necessary to stay alive at first then about... Well for me its about learning after I have my essential skills. After survival skills what your decide your life is about is completely up to you.

5. Remain calm and always accept criticism.

Sometimes someone will attack our curiosity or our current attitude toward life but we must always remain calm and welcome criticism because of that criticism we can refine our own abilities on our quest for knowledge or happiness. A simple "Thank you I appreciate your criticism" is always in order. However if you are part of a debate try to end it by the same means. However also always remember to stay calm and relaxed our minds work better in a relaxed state.

6. Add as many steps as you need to to this process.

What i wrote here is merely a jumping point. You decide what your free thinking is. Just don't forget about labels and boxing idea's its very bad if we don't subject our own selves and ideas we believe in to the world. In a world where everything is up for debate we realize ourselves and live more at peace if we practice this mode of thinking properly.

Thank you for your time.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Nice post!

Those are some good principles that should be included in elementary education. Too many times, we teach our kids to memorize facts, instead of learning to actually THINK!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PositivelyDetermined

Interesting thread. I found your post too short. If you have any more thoughts on thinking, please do add them.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

Good thead. Many times we react based on instant perceptions and emotions.

To examine an idea takes resources of information, which we first have to put in our brains!

Having intelligence comes easily, but one most often has to strive for intellectual resources.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

I agree. I remember my days in school and the only fun I ever had was when we were expressing ourselves through music art or when we had to stand in front of people and share our understandings. I never really enjoyed the other stuff because it always left me full of questions. I imagine if I went to school all over again I would probably get thrown out like I did before almost weekly. I was always calm and cool but back in my high school days our teachers were very egocentric. I never fought though I always apologized and omitted that this is simply who I am.

My kids are learning the same mode of thinking and their version is the same but they seem more outward and not bothered by other peoples presumptions. I love to hear what they have to say because they always have questions the most absurd question came from my niece who once at the age of 8 turned to her mother and said "GASP! What happens if you die! I would be all alone!" and her eyes were big and she was genuinely worried about it. It was a long silly laugh afterward but it was something she left us all thinking about hahaha. She asked lots of weird questions that always had a small sort of enlightening understanding attached.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just what the doctor ordered.
Thank you.

new topics

top topics

join