It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have aliens hijacked Voyager 2 spacecraft

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+79 more 
posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Have aliens hijacked Voyager 2 spacecraft

www.dailytelegraph.com.au

IT left Earth 33 years ago, now it's claimed the Voyager 2 spacecraft may have been hijacked by aliens after sending back data messages NASA scientists can't decode.
NASA installed a 12-inch disk containing music and greetings in 55 languages in case intelligent extraterrestrial life ever found it.

But now the spacecraft is sending back what sounds like an answer: Signals in an unknown data format!

The best scientific minds have so far not been able to decipher the strange information – is it a secret message?

Alien expert Hartwig Hausdorf said:"It seems almost as if someone ha
(visit the link for the full news article)

[mod edit: fixed source link]

[edit on 12-5-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This is crazy!

An unknown format eh?

It could very well be just a glitch and it returning gibberish, but maybe not.

Voyager 1 is 10.5 billion miles from Earth and in about five years is expected to pass through the heliosphere, a bubble the sun creates around the solar system, and enter interstellar space.

Is this the farthest craft we have?

~Keeper

[url=http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/wacky/have-aliens-hijacked-voyager-2-spacecraft/story-e6frev20-1225865566982]www.dailytelegraph.com.au[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

My coolness radar just went crazy.

It reminds me of the old 1997 movie...ugh, what's it called? Contact, or something like that. About SETI receiving a signal from aliens, a signal that is later translated into a picture - of Hitler.

Interesting, and cool, either way. Nice find, OP.

Edit to add: The movie is called Contact, and stars Jodi Foster and Matthew McConnaughey.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by David_Reale]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Great thread, S&F! If this is real and it's not just corrupted data being sent, then I am ecstatic! The implications of this are so huge.....when will we have disclosure?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by David_Reale

My coolness radar just went crazy.

It reminds me of the old 1997 movie...ugh, what's it called? Contact, or something like that. About SETI receiving a signal from aliens, a signal that is later translated into a picture - of Hitler.

Interesting, and cool, either way. Nice find, OP.

Edit to add: The movie is called Contact, and stars Jodi Foster and Matthew McConnaughey.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by David_Reale]

Yeah contact was great, minus Mathew McConaughey, stupid douche bag.

I'm quite intrigued by this finding, trying to do a little more research though.

~Keeper

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Here's apparently a news statement from the Voyager 2 people. I found the link via Wikipedia:

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't know about breaking news, as this was posted back on the 6th in the Space Exploration thread: NASA tries to unscramble Voyager 2 signals

My reply in that thread was:

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by Pauligirl

in a changed format that mission managers could not decode

But everything is fine they say. "Everything is fine...nothing to see etc. etc....."

Funny how a pre-programmed piece of equipment is all of a sudden returning un-decodable data.

+7 more 
posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

Answer: Something the greys DEFINITELY need.

On the serious side; if it IS an alien signal, what is the likelihood of NASA being up-front with it?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Flag & Star to you, great find! Thank you! I guess the devise is accomplishing it's mission beyond all expectation?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Ohh, my bad.

The article I referenced was from today, hence breaking news.

~Keeper

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I think it's just getting to be more popular of a story. Some MSM are just slower than others lol.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wow.. I am sure they will spin it into a (semi) plausible explanation. I can imagine that if/when it happens, it could happen like this. That leaves the questions if it does happen: Why now? Why the Voyager?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It is possible that the transmissions have been scrambled by one of the interstellar shock waves that buffet the satellite far into deep space.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Very nice......... i wish we can know what it is

and also, isnt the data we sent had our DNA mapping,how human beings looks,etc etc,? if so, There was a crop circle that its said that contains the aliens DNA structure along with a picture of them.

The Chilbolton 'Arecibo message' Formation

www.timestar.org...

and this one...

The 2002 'Alien Face' Formation

[edit on 12-5-2010 by MilzGatez]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Was there an official Nasa statement. I would like to hear the cover up first hand lol!!

[edit on 12-5-2010 by 3773MC]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It would make a cool plot for a movie. I hope its more than a bug.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

In an interview Monday, Voyager project scientist Ed Stone said the most likely cause of the hiccup is a bit flip, where parts of a stream of data are improperly formatted. There are "probably one or two bits which have been flipped from a 0 to 1 or 1 to 0, and that affects only the science mode data," Stone told Spaceflight Now. Officials expect to receive more data on Thursday or Friday indicating whether the issue is a simple bit flip or a more serious software upset. "We will be sending a command to the spacecraft to transmit down bit by bit so we can look at it and determine which bit has been flipped, and then reset it to its proper state," Stone said. Stone said even if the anomaly is a fundamental software error, engineers can develop a software patch to uplink to Voyager 2 that should resolve the problem. Voyager 2's distance from Earth could complicate repairs. It takes nearly 13 hours for radio signals to travel each way between ground controllers and the spacecraft.

www.spaceflightnow.com...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This is so awesome!! I can't wait till we find out more about this issue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join