It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Claims Nuclear Fusion Breakthrough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This is not FISSION - they are claiming FUSION

FUSION is the holy grail of unlimited free power.

www.physorg.com...

Physicists worldwide are striving to develop a nuclear fusion power plant, a project which the International Atomic Energy Agency terms "a great challenge".

But North Korea said it had triumphed using its own technology.
"The successful nuclear fusion marks a great event that demonstrated the rapidly developing cutting-edge science and technology of the DPRK (North Korea)," said Rodong Sinmun, the newspaper of the ruling communist party.

It said the North's experts had worked hard to develop the "safe and environment-friendly new energy" technology their own way.

"Korean style" thermonuclear reaction devices were designed and manufactured as part of the process, it added.

news.bbc.co.uk...

North Korea has announced that it has made significant progress towards the development of thermo-nuclear power.

It is a claim that is likely to be met with some scepticism.

Despite hopes that the technology can produce large quantities of cheap, clean energy, no country has so far succeeded in making it work.

Now before anyone goes poo-pooing the NK's saying they are full of crap, I ask that you watch these two videos by plasma physicists:

Plasma physicist and cosmologist Eric Lerner's Google tech talk on focus fusion:
video.google.com...#

Physicist Robert Bussard on IEC fusion
video.google.com...#

These guys know what they are talking about and have put forth simple theories to show how fusion can be achieved using simple reactors.

Of course, our communist evil government has ignored their work because its not expensive enough.

Government could not squander untold billions of our tax dollars on crap experiments like the ITER if they were to actually take the advice of real plasma physicists.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if NK actually beat the US and the rest of the world to a working fusion reactor because of our criminal government's obsession with gigantic failures of experiments that squander billions of our tax dollars.

Eric Lerner is also a plasma cosmologist that rejects Einstein's retarded theories of black holes, dark matter, dark energy, dark flows, wimps, machos, worm holes, multiple dimensions, and other ridiculous nonsense.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
S&F

I was just about to make a thread on this, but WOW. Not for the process but the North Koreans!!! This will be a massive story very very soon. Telling ya.

The first to gain access to free power will automatically go up in the pecking order.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by jazz10]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Koreans are a smart bunch... South and North a like.

Bet-your-@$$ is this is actual fusion, they won't hide it from the world and will have major bragging rights.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I was reading something recently, very recently, about a new Russian fusion reactor project, and this seems strange timing? Also, someone pointed out that it is crucial to determine how far the projects have got towards self sustaining fusion, as opposed to it being sustained or triggered by external power sources, which whilst still impressive, may prove to be unknown years away from the self sustaining holy grail.

EDIT: NB article/release states "significant progress towards" - but what level of progress is absolutely critical. Perhaps this is some sort of desperate bargaining carrot to obtain further Russian support/money, now that they see Russia has a fresh fusion project underway?

[edit on 12-5-2010 by curioustype]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

Thats exactly where i was going next.

At least its not just me thinking that

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
They are claiming full fusion

www.physorg.com...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Well i think now we will see something eventful

This changes the whole game here in every perspective.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

OK, thanks, that certainly sounds impressive, but I still wonder why they are releasing the info this way?

They make a press release to the world at large but with no further evidence of how they have done it, or what they have actually achieved. I mean, rather than keep it under wraps until they have managed to fully harness it and make a much more impressive unveiling? Whilst they're also not using the secret diplomatic avenues to negotiate with external powers, for any of the MANY things they would like (money, resources, strategic/military support/influence). I mean, if this were true, wouldn't it have quietly slipped towards Russia/China or even the USA in exchange for heaps of favours whilst the technology was perfected and applied and finally announced to the world?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

OK, so from the perspective of North Korea, right up at the top of the USA/UN rogue (nuclear) state hit-list, sanctioned to within an inch of your existence for years, possibly under increased stress/pressure to concede following the global financial meltdown, looking increasingly like something may kick off in the ongoing dispute with SK/USA, what finer way to play for some extra time in negotiations/stave off the next, and possibly end-game from the NK administration's position, actions of your foes, than to flag up that (hidden) on your soil, in your populous, you possess THE secret to THE holy grail of energy provision.

Nuke/'shock and awe'/invade NK and you'll never know, oh, and we can keep you guessing for ages with highly complex scientific exchanges and discussions that you may have to spend some time working through before you can disprove us.

It reminds me somewhat of that 'catch the baby' pick pocket scam.

Of course it could be true, but I still don't think this will actually alter SK/USA reactions to the alleged NK troop build-up and ship attacks I think they are misguided.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by curioustype

OK, thanks, that certainly sounds impressive, but I still wonder why they are releasing the info this way?

They make a press release to the world at large but with no further evidence of how they have done it, or what they have actually achieved. I mean, rather than keep it under wraps until they have managed to fully harness it and make a much more impressive unveiling? Whilst they're also not using the secret diplomatic avenues to negotiate with external powers, for any of the MANY things they would like (money, resources, strategic/military support/influence). I mean, if this were true, wouldn't it have quietly slipped towards Russia/China or even the USA in exchange for heaps of favours whilst the technology was perfected and applied and finally announced to the world?

hell no

energy corporations own the US government, along with the commercial banks.

The Enron case was destroyed in the 9/11 attacks on the WTC.

These people will start international wars to retain control over the energy market. They sure as hell will not let cheap fusion power make it to market.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

OK, what about China, and Russia?

China would surely be playing from a different position.

They have an apparently real desire to 'clean up' their energy production due to very real and pressing national environmental issues.

They have bought up massive amounts of copper (electric motors) EDIT: e.g. enourmous access to reserves in Afghanistan, Australia, South America] and hold the vast majority of meaningful rare earth metal resources within their borders for extraction and use in high efficiency electric motors (of the kind required by electric cars/vehicles).

They border N Korea.

They have shown demonstrable hostility to the Western energy/dollar/world reserve currency position, and although currently not found a way beyond it, would do if they could.

They have currrently a massive cash rich country with enourmous needs for energy and growth of their own consumer market and middle classes.

I just can't see why they'd not bite the North Koreans arms off for access to that technology? Do you really think they'd protect the old Western cartels in favour of such a massive and timely answer to their problems/ambitions?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I just read it on a Dutch news-site. If this technology will be common in North Korea, it will very soon be at war.
But this will be dismissed as a hoax, just like those Canadian scientists back in the 80s whom claimed they could perform a fusion in a jar.

Two chemists who claimed last week to have triggered nuclear fusion in a jar of water have ignited a major uproar in the scientific world. At a news conference Thursday, Dr. B. Stanley Pons of the University of Utah and Dr. Martin Fleischmann of the University of Southampton announced that they had not only achieved hydrogen fusion in a simple electrolytic cell, but had obtained a substantial yield of energy. If their assertion is verified, scientists agree, the two would almost certainly win a Nobel Prize and would probably become very wealthy through the commercialization of their process. Such an achievement might also give the world a new source of cheap energy.

partners.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I believe that North Korea have invented how to maintain fusion and get energy surplus, when I see proof of the following statements, also originating from the same country:

Kim Jong-Il can:
• Control weather based on his mood.
• His birth was "heralded by the appearance of a double rainbow over the mountain and a new star in the heavens."
• Routinely shoots several hole-in-ones each time he plays golf.

And so on, and so on...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
All I have to say is that while most other tech countries are running around together holding hands and spending money on random crap, NK is in the dark, mostly alone, doing its thing.... how is the NWO or any secret society doing in North Korea....my guess is that they are not doing anything and have no control in NK. If there is a grand conspiricy governing everything and keeping everyone in the dark, you better count on North Korea being the ones who will crack open the secrets that are burried under miles of red tape everywhere else.... But on the other hand, they are just a bunch of crazy people right!?!

I don't really buy into most of that nwo/secret society stuff, but isnt NK one of the only places not infiltrated by said organizations....nobody talks about that. Or maybe its all one big conspiricy that will consume us all.

Rouge country...yes, a good thing.....maybe.....maybe not.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I can't believe any thing can be done with a high magnetic field
as sending highly voltage propelled particles into a furnace
should be the approach.
Magnetic force is overrated.
Since the voltage path is forbidden we have to listen to all
the failures with magnets.

top topics

join