It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I asked you...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
...to run the country right now, what would be your reason as to why you can not?

You can't because you know you are trapped in a trap. What are the only obsticles blocking and preventing you from full potential of running the country?

Are you waiting on certain conditions to be before attempting to run the country?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If YOU asked me to run the country? Well then I would sit at an invisible desk, and talk on an imaginary phone to call some fellows in white jackets.

Not everyone would even want that sort of responsiblity. And sadly a lot who DO want the responsiblity would probably use the power to enforce their own ideas instead of a true democratic "of the people" government.

So many people have troubles running a business that running a country would be a enormous task likely full of many errors and mistakes. I for one would not want to even try.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I would say that I cannot because I don't think I have everyones' best interest in mind. I don't have any specific examples, but I can't say with honesty that I would.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

Next time please send these messages via u2u

Sure, I'll do it...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Nah, I would'nt know what to wear.

Honestly tho, I dont think I would want the responsibility, i would be too afraid of failure. Maybe if I had a good team of people behind me and we were prior voted to be in power by a high majority vote, then maybe I would, but only after that.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I would never want to be in this position, that op puts out personally.

I like many of us just want a life in peace and quiet.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
i'd run it but than CIA and NSA would want me dead because i have a big mouth i can't keep shut. then again, the president don't run the country, he's just a puppet to make us feel we actually have a choice as to who run our country. IF i was the real person to run the country, which isn't the president, i would have no reason for not wanting to.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'd ask you why you are the one in charge of hiring someone to lead the country. Then I'd remember that it was just one of a million nonsensical rambling questions. Can't you just hire tupac?

Best,
SN

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Not willing to sell my soul to be a politician.
2nd line

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations
...to run the country right now, what would be your reason as to why you can not?

REASON 1 I DONT CONTROLL MASSES

You can't because you know you are trapped in a trap. What are the only obsticles blocking and preventing you from full potential of running the country?

LACK THE AMBITION TO CONTROLL MASSES

Are you waiting on certain conditions to be before attempting to run the country?

JUST DONT CARE TO CONTROLL THE MASSES

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Not willing to sell my soul to be a politician.
2nd line

Exactly, being one of us does have its privileges, and its one of the best things, we are not tied to what ever is behind society.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Because the American people are too dumb to vote for a real leader.

They vote for the guy with the most money who wears the nicest suits and kisses the most babies and has the most TV commercials with the catchiest phrase.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Snarf]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Id say : "No thanks, too busy beeing honest"

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Let me use the current administration of the USA as an example:

Run on the promise for Hope & Change
. l
. l
Once Elected turn your back on all the promises made
. l
. l
Start passing policies not favored by the majority
. l
. l
If the masses find the strategies unlikeable, use the
"It was all Bush's Fault Defense"

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
i'll do it.
1st thing, tell americans to vote out all incumbents.
2nd thing, executive order, making corporate lobbyists illegal.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I don't know because I'm relatively sane and honest.

Anyone who feels that they are qualified to run a major country, especially one who feels he/she is cut out to be the most powerful person in the world, and in most cases, the BEST person for that job, is insane, IMO.

Now they are skilled at not letting their insanity become visible, but I am 100% certain that were candidates for major office undergo a comprehensive series of psychological tests they would be found to suffer from a number of disorders.

You need to go out and find some nutters to get a realistic set of responses to the question. You won't find it here. We're all in fantastic psychological shape.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I think by definition, a person who passes the 3rd degree of freemasonry is pretty deranged. They have to be, for the criteria to get beyond that point.

So the people running us, are hiding problems they all have. No wonder the best in financial and business world are loose canons, they have to be to be in that position. The system is only made for those who are a little off. If you where not a little off, you would never like you said want to be president of any country.

But if your reading this and your some high flyer, and past that degree do not worry, your not alone and there is plenty like you.

So who really is sane and insane in the environment that these people are in. I doubt anyone really is playing with a full deck who is part of the system, but are any of us either.

You have to be weird to want what they want, and obviously power does absolutely corrupt, and it really does.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Far be it from me to be a huge obama supporter....but this is false...you're either just laughably misinformed or intentionally lying....either way...you're dead wrong.

Obama Progress Tracker

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

Far be it from me to be a huge obama supporter....but this is false...you're either just laughably misinformed or intentionally lying....either way...you're dead wrong.

Obama Progress Tracker

I could go one finding articles after articles regarding the broken promises, but you would just dismiss the sources. So some of these videos should get you to speed.

OBAMA Broken Promises Tracker

Much Love,

[edit on 11-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I never said he didnt break any.

I said he didn't break all.

If you were to actually read the article i posted, it covers the ones he did break.

But it also covers the much larger number of ones kept.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join