It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church must recognize "terrifying" truth of abuse: Pope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Reuters) - Pope Benedict said on Tuesday the crisis of sexual abuse of children by priests should make the Catholic leaders acknowledge the "terrifying" truth that the greatest threat comes from "sin within the Church."

In some of his most comprehensive public comments since the sexual abuse scandal broke two months ago, Benedict said the Church has "a very deep need" to acknowledge that it must do penitence for its sins and "accept purification."

"Today we see in a truly terrifying way that the greatest persecution of the Church does not come from outside enemies but is born of sin within the Church," he told reporters on the plane taking him to Portugal, in response to a question about the scandal.

www.reuters.com...

Is he finally getting it? Is he finally opening up and admitting it? Or is he just playing into the hand of prophecy to give it legitimacy? The prophecy to which I'm referring is the supposed 3rd Fatima prophecy detailing the trails and sufferings of the church.

While I have never been a big fan of the church, especially the Catholic church, if the Pope is sincere in admitting this "terrifying truth", then good for him.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Words are just, words. Unless he takes some real action about the situation and persecution within his own church, speaking about it publicly, is just a waste of everyone's time.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Ongoing thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I did see that thread, but saw it as saying the Pope was going to deliver a message. The thread I posted here is what I understand to be that message.

If I'm wrong and this is a double post then I'm sorry, and mods feel free to close this one.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by webpirate]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The Pope has the responsibility, given to him by God, to be the head of the Christian World. (Or so He believes).

My point?

He is realllly pissing off the wrong boss.

The Pope needs to stop talking and get on with it - and that doesn't mean hiding the truth.

That means ringing the Piazza in Rome with crosses.
Crucify them.
And I mean that.
Take each and every one of those paedophiles and get to work.
Show them the same 'mercy' the Catholic Church is famous for.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
Is he finally getting it? Is he finally opening up and admitting it?

No, he isn't "getting it". Anybody that refers to child rape as "abuse" is most certainly NOT "getting it".

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
If anyone thinks that the Pope is merely talking about the 'sexual abuse' as this topic's threadstarter suggests, THINK AGAIN.

Ponder upon the Pope's phrases:-

1. "sin within the Church."

2. "Today we see in a truly terrifying way that the greatest persecution of the Church does not come from outside enemies but is BORN of sin within the Church,"

May he be kept safe till more made known. People who know too much or talk too much have a bad habit of being made to disappear mysteriously or life cut short.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
Ongoing thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Actually your thread is a dupe of mine posted last week:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

It got dumped in BTS because idiot protestants can't comprehend the dogma of Papal Infallibility and they derailed my thread.

THIS thread is on a topic that may or may not be related to the Pope's "intense message" to be given at Fatima. I wouldn't call it a dupe of either of our threads.

top topics

join