It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global treaty may make your ISP spy on you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Global treaty may make your ISP spy on you

www.newscientist.com

Documents from talks on a secret global copyright deal have leaked online, various sources are reporting. The documents discussed are said to confirm that internet service providers could be compelled to constantly sift through their customers' data looking for copyright transgressions. The European Union's data protection chief has said that such requirements could curtail individuals' civil liberties.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I know there has been some information on this in ATS over the last few weeks.

I can't imagine the amount of bandwidth and computing power this would use, much less the extreme invasion of privacy.

We have the right to be secure in our personal data, and the government has no right to interfere with what we have on our computers.

This legislation scares me.

www.newscientist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
A friend of mine works for Sky and she told me that sky are reporting their customers for file sharing, however instaed of warning them directly, they pass over their details to a law agency who contact the customer to warn them that action will be taken. All this means is that a) file sharing will become forum based with people sharing rapidshare links or b) the new file sharing software will find a way round their monitoring protocols, either way, it is just not practical to monitor and police this, the internet will always triumph-)

join