It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News :Mullah Omar Captured

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Interesting.

This was released 20 minutes ago.
Pak knows where Osama is: Hillary

NEW YORK - Following up on her stiff warning to Pakistan, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has said that there are people in the Pakistani government who know the whereabouts of Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and Afghan Taliban chief Mullah Omar.

“I’m not saying that they’re at the highest levels but I believe that somewhere in this government are people who know where Osama bin Laden and Al-Qaeda is, where Mullah Omar and the leadership of the Afghan Taliban is and we expect more cooperation to help us bring to justice

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Here is a post from abc news.

All Quiet on the Waziristan Front as Al Qaeda Goes Dark

Basically, they hasn't been any communication audio or video for some time. This is the largest gap without him being heard from in 6 years.

That may add more fuel to the speculation that he has been caught.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Update : Col. Oliver North, Fox News Contributer, confirms Omar's capture. Article
"According to Colonel North, Omar was picked up in Karachi on March 27th by the Pakistani Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate (ISI) who placed him under house arrest in what they call “community care.”

Per North’s sources, “[Omar] has since been transferred to a secret ISI lock-up under the Pakistani euphemism: “institutional care.”

North goes on to state, “According to several reports, all of this information was confirmed to U.S. officials by a senior Pakistani military officer ‘several weeks ago.’” A fact also broken in Monday’s Big Government exclusive."

Well north is confirming through his sources what was reported on Monday night. Wonder how much longer until the MSM picks this up now?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

North is a proven liar, so I see no reason for anyone to pick up his story. It may be true, but how can we trust him?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Agree, give it time and we may find out. How can we truly prove someone is alive or dead from the war. Unless the government chooses to tell you.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
Looks like we're getting closer to knowing the truth.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Every person on earth is a proven liar. Doesn't necessarily mean he's lying now, and to be honest I see no upside for him to lie about this now. But we shall be patient, the pieces are falling into place. To be honest, I was going to post that "Jawa Report" confirmation but had never heard of it before and was unsure of the site. So that makes 2 independant verifications.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by djvexd]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Here is a post from abc news.

All Quiet on the Waziristan Front as Al Qaeda Goes Dark

Basically, they hasn't been any communication audio or video for some time. This is the largest gap without him being heard from in 6 years.

That may add more fuel to the speculation that he has been caught.

before a big attack just like on 9/11 people like osama ect went of the grid ..
so I have the theorie they might be of the grid because in the coming weeks a mayor terrorist attack on western soil is going to take place.

I believe it because you see it in other crime people go of the grid in preparation for the crime they are going to commit.

just like when soldiers are going to attack a country like the usa did in afghanistan the attack was secret people went of the grid had to stop communicate or tell what they are going to do and then when its going on video and briefings are spread to news networks.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

I should have said convicted, and yes it is possible he is telling the truth this time. Honestly though, I am disturbed that he may still have the inside track to the government and military.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

When you have as long and storied career as he does you make friends. To be fair I make no excuses for what he did, hell, it torpedoed his carreer and kill thousands if not tens or hundreds of. But he wasn't the only one involved. But that aside ,he has an interesting take on why the ISI is holding 'big MO', and it revolves around thier place at this upcoming jirga.
Here is his own words. Definatley worth a glance.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by djvexd]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Nothing is ever really breaking news in relation to this sort of stuff ..sorry ,and Osama is dead ..has been since around Dec 2009

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SFwife

Very true. However I would rather us get our hands on Zawahiri than UBL. UBL would be nothing more than a PR move than any type of tactical victory.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

I actually think UBL is dead. If they announced that they have killed or they have captured him either way he would become a Martyr, However if they just killed him without saying so then his disappearance becomes a big mystery.

Jimmy Hoffa

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I also think he is dead, though you make a very good point. I think he's actually been dead for quite a few years now. I was merely remarking that grabbing Zawahiri would be far bigger than UBL (if he was still alive).

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Update: Third independent source verifies story. Milblogger confirms story through his sources.
This is the 3rd independent confirmation, in a week. Now what is going to happen to him? Will we push to have him handed over?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
the more they catch the better

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join