It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Rig Blast Survivors Kept Isolated On Gulf For Hours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
In the aftermath of last month's explosion of an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico, all the survivors wanted to do was get to dry land and call their loved ones. Yet for more than 24 hours they were told to stay on ships on the water.

One reason was that the Coast Guard wanted to get information about the explosions on the rig and what caused them. And the company that owned the oil rig Deepwater Horizon also wanted answers.

Coast Guard officers boarded the supply boat, the Damon Bankston, soon after it picked up survivors, including Deepwater Horizon crew member Christopher Choy, from the Gulf of Mexico. The Coast Guard wanted to know what caused the explosion, and the officers wanted witness statements.

Choy, a young roustabout on the rig, was handed a form to fill out, asking what he'd seen. "They came on there, and they gathered everybody in the galley on the boat and handed out … papers and stuff saying, '[These are] statements. You need to sign these. Nobody's getting off here until we get one from everybody.'"

But when Choy read the Coast Guard form, he didn't like what he saw. "At the bottom, it said something about, like, you know, this can be used as evidence in court and all that. I told them, I'm not signing it," Choy says. "Most of the people signed it and filled them out. I just didn't feel comfortable doing it." Choy shared his story at length with NPR and the PBS program NewsHour in one of the most extensive interviews from a survivor of the April 20 rig blast.

www.npr.org...

Why keep the survivors isolated, what else were they trying to hide?

[edit on 10-5-2010 by marmitenews]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
hide? hide?

suddenly I realized it...

OMG

Did they just pull the plugg from hollow earth and are we going to lose all our oceans and do they use the oil to cover up?

anyway I think Santa Claus can bring in the solution...

Santa's Solution

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by marmitenews

Nice, somebody tell everybody! Blast this! Expose expose expose!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass

anyway I think Santa Claus can bring in the solution...

Santa's Solution

LMAO

Seriously though, Santa doesnt stand a chance with that puny thing

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
o mg i wish i hadent clicked on that santa photo .
umm this is real ? in public? ummm ok whats the first thing that pops into your mind seeing the thing santas holding up

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

it is real.
and it has been in public, don't know if it still is.

edit to say: nothing comes into my mind...

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Dumbass]

top topics

join