It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I just lazy or did I just "realize it"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I have a job and everything, I don't consider myself a lazy person at all I do like getting my hands dirty and stuff but when I woke up this morning I felt like a slave.

I don't know why, maybe it's because I am really a slave in this world I think that we are born into servitude. The majority of people are conformist, they don't question the system the thought of a life full of just work is programmed into their minds since they are children. They are expected to follow a routine of school, and then either college or get a job or get a job straight out of high school, if they don't follow that routine then they either get labeled a bum or a lazy person....and just to make one thing clear, I would consider a person that is 28 years old that still lives with their parents and sits on their butt all day a bum too.

But back to the point, I just don't feel like working anymore...I think there is more to life than just work. Our time on this planet is limited and about half if not more of that time we will spend working. I used to be unemployed a few months ago and I hated it but now I've realized that we are just slaves.

I don't think we were meant to sit in a cubicle for 10 hours a day for 40 years of your life.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
No, you are not lazy at all, just becoming awake.

Your post expresses the truth very well and I agree with you. As long as you can car for yourself and your family, you don't have to conform to what society dictates you should.

Be as free as possible and you will become much happier..

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
You my friend are like most people are nowdays. Work is seen as something bad. The generation where everything has been supplied to them.

A 150 years ago you hunted for your food or raised crops and livestock.They built there own homes by hand with pride.If the husband didnt feel like working the family would not eat.

Fast forward to todays day and age men have become only a shadow of what they used to be,if you can even call them "men" anymore.

I dont think anyone likes to work but everyone loves the money and the peace of mind it provides.So if you want to quit working and stay at home and leech of your parents you would only be doing what most men do in this newer generation.

Nothing.

And to call yourself a slave is laughable to be honest and the statement seems full of self pity,no offense.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by KingX]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

It's called "Summer Time Blues"

Days are getting nicer, skirts are shorter, who wants to work.

Take a day Off Work, when you are feeling GREAT, not sick.

Call me in the morning.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KingX

No sir, I already said that I did not condone the act of leeching off your parents. I would also call those persons bums

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It is called being grown up and having responsibility.

At some point, every adult wishes they were young and carefree again, and if by some way you find something that takes you through life and makes you rich, then you deserve it.

That is exactly why get rich quick scams work, because everyone wishes for any easy way out. Not that I am suggesting you are.

Otherwise that path that has been outlined has simply been shown to be one of the best ways to survive, pay your bills, and raise a family. Be thankful those that went before chose to share that information.

Of course, no one is stopping you from forging your own way in life, that's what freedom is all about!

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Lol being grown up and having responsibility.

I got news for ya your feeling that way now. When you hit 62 its worse.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I think the key point is what you do and what you WANT to do

Now this isn't a disagreement...not even close. If you work in a job that you can't stand of course you are a slave. a slave to convention and tradition. Sadly that tradition is one of laborers and workers making up a huge part of the workforce and getting paid little and treated worse.

Right now in my current job until I starting my degree this August, I m definately a slave. I would say try to make positive steps to improve you situation. Try something new you might enjoy more.

There definately is more to life than work but you have to take that step to make it better. Work and then come home and play when you can. Even squeezing in some time will improve your mood and outlook alot. I have a crap job...period. It's boring, unchallenging, ad mundane but when I get home I play some Call of Duty, do some photography work, ride the horses...whatever

Now make no mistake..I am no rich...not even remotely close but I put in hours to enjoy some things a bit more. You don't need fancy and expensive. Just find something you and enjoy doing and do it and maybe then you will be a bit happier.

All work and no play make muse7 a dull boy (sorry if you are a girl :-p )

Life is rough sometimes. Make it better because it will never just get better for you.

Remember...even lottery winners have to actually play the game to win

and fyi, I don't care what anyone says...you can have responsibility and fun in the same lifetime...it's just that some people choose to make their situations worse for themselves

-Kyo

[edit on 10-5-2010 by KyoZero]

[edit on 10-5-2010 by KyoZero]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays.

Man I love Office Space.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I realised this at a very young age, before I left school which was a two sided sword.

# 1 it messed up my school grades & various possible carreer opertunities, because I didn´t want to take part in society I basically rebelled.

# 2 but fell free and prepared for the mayhem which is bound to happen eventually, most people won´t know what hit them when the Mierde hits the fan. Those who are awake will and will probably have a better chance of getting by.

So keep on informing yourself, the illusion is vast but if you look you will see through the smoke cloud.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Well i agree with you.
We spend most of our time working and not enough doing the more enjoyable things in life, all the while, someone else does not have to do the # that we do because they have more money they could ever spend in 3 lifetimes.
It still does amaze me though, that people dont like my train of thought. Even the people that have replied on this thread dont like what you state or try to come up with some sort of scientific reason.
It is very simple, perception of what is going on. Obviously some people see it, while others are to distracted by the bright lights. and just a clip i watch from time to time:

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Slavery to the monetary system. To having to put in, spend, the standard 1/3+ of your day, 100% of your skills and capacity, to make money, just to live in a falsely constructed monetary system that will exploit your personal resources, tax you regardless, saddle you with debt that takes a lifetime to pay and reduce your potential to fulfill your right to full self-determination.

Trapped! How else to live in the world than to engage in the standardised toil in exchange for debt construct?

Two choices, cop out and become a scrounger, a parasite upon the wealth, the toil, of others or become a white hat, engage in the system because you have to live in the world but lend your time and energy, your resources and toil, to working to minimise negative impact upon others. For example, if you work in the bank and the little man comes in and says, 'your interest rates are crippling me, I cannot afford to feed myself AND my family today, have mercy on me and stop charging extortionate overdraft rates', use whatever discretion your post allows, to cancel those additional charges.

In all occupations or professions, the worker has discretion to some degree or another. Use it well.

Each day enter the workplace with your hands clean and walk away each day in the same condition.

top topics

join