It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for ATS members - Facebook or "Conspiracy" Book?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Yep, I've got a facebook page. I like playing some of their silly games, and I like knowing what's going on with friends and family.

Is it a conspiracy? Perhaps, but if so I think it's a conspiracy to make MONEY off of us, nothing more sinister.

I don't worry about my identity because no one wants it.

I don't worry about my privacy because neither UPS nor Fedex can find my house even with explicit instructions and directions.

I don't worry about my financial data. It would be pretty funny if someone tried to get money using my identity .. good luck pal, I can't do it. Hey, maybe they'll start asking you to pay some of my bills!

When I first joined Facebook one of my horseback riding pals found me and friended me. Shortly thereafter all of the members of my trail riding club started popping up as friend suggestions. Did FB somehow discover my club membership? No, those suggestions came up because of mutual friends, and/or because of similar keywords on our pages. Nothing nefarious or sinister, just sophisticated linking and matching.

Ultimately I just don't think I'm important (or threatening) enough for anyone to bother with, although I suppose I could be proved wrong at some point.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I have sometimes questioned some of the quizzes/votes that appear on FB, and I have wondered what information is being gained from our opinions and "Likes". If FB requires me to pay to belong to their network, I will definately quit......

That said I have to say I enjoy the topics on ATS. Im a new member but I have been reading posts on ATS for months and months......VERY informative!! i hope you keep ATS just like it is...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
So the question is, if we were to lunch such a new site/service, would you use it. And if you did, would it cause you to abandon Facebook?

Thanks, in advance, for helping us work out this rather big decision.

edit on 10-5-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (typo fix)

I would be willing to give it a try. Granted that I am not asked for all the information that facebook asks. I do not mess around with myspace, facebooks or any of those social websites.. I simply do not trust them.

While on the same token, I have nothing to hide, nor do I have any reason to feel like I am being scanned or tracked.. ect ect..

I just don't like how things are panning out.
So to make this simple and sweet.. Sure I would give it a shot.. But if the information section gets to deep, and into my biz. I will back out, and slink back into the shadows..

In all truth, I am well known on ATS for those who want to know more about me as a person. And thats pretty much me.. My name, where I live and where I work. That when I think about it, is going a little to far..
But I have nothing to hide.. I'm just a guy who loves rock music.. And cooks for a living.. I am but a slave in the grand scale of things.. NO one would really be looking to shake me down, or come and get me..

Now I would be interested in like some gamming functions.. Thats what brought me to facebook when it started.. I Like the web based browser games!
Infact I kinda wanted to get involved in making some web based games!
I could think of some cool ATS based conspiracy web games if you want to know more U2 me about some ideas I would be glad to give up freely to either Bill, or Mark..
I said I'd make this short and sweet, so I will end this here..
If you want to know more feel free to u2 me about extra functions that might draw in more people to the idea..

I am all for it right now.. sounds harmless... But then again.. Only harmless to those with nothing to hide

Zy5

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

My edit button worn out its welcome, so I will make a new post here to reflect the changes I would have made to my post..

I once used myspace..But I deleted the thing.. I do not like myspace, nor do I trust myspace..

I have a facebook page.. But rarely ever use the thing.. I was drawn to facebook because some family and friends where on there and they where pestering me to make a page..

Ever see that south Park episode where Stan gets sucked into facebook.. Hehehe.. lol I felt like that..

I was drawn to some of the games that are featured on facebook.. Infact I was wanting to make some of my own games and features.. But I just didnt have the time to learn how to do all that, and the computer I am currently using does not have the power to do such things.

If you guys make up a "conspiracy book" page.. Would you feature any games?
I think games are a good way to pass some time, and get people excited about said pages.

I just am not to hip about giving out tons of personal information...
Besides like my name, where I live around, and my job..
I am comfortable with giving out that kind of information..

But beyond that, I really don't like how facebooks and myspace has totally invaded our personal lives under the notion of being for friends and family.
When in truth, its just another form of BIG brother trying to get into our panties! Well a better way to put it.. Trying to get personal information about our lives, so they can keep tabs on those who they deem a "risk".

Where do you draw the line?
What kind of information will be asked?

Thanks in advance!
Zy5

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'd rather have an ATS style conspiracy book. I wouldn't really want ATS to access my facebook page. I'm sorry... but I value my privacy. I keep my settings so people who are my friends are really the only ones that can see it. I wouldn't trust any website really with the information on my facebook page.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
First off hello all from Canuckistan

o/

Or is it, Propaganada?

\o

So ya, I vote yeah for TInBook. I have a FB profile I use for gaining info/news other than the MSM. Since Facebook seems to be leaning more towards lack of privacy since the start...
The answer is clear, Tinbook out of fear.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well, I see this might be a dollar short and a day late but for what it's worth I don't use any social networking sites. Other than ATS and three software/hardware vendor sites that i need for work, I'm not registered anywhere. I don't like the idea of data mining (it's bad enough they do it at your supermarket when you use their ID card to get an item's sales price).

So if you're setting up Tinbook, don't expect me to enter any actual personal information...I'd rather remain as anonymous as possible.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
That's how it should be.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It doesn't matter. I have facebounce and continue to recieve items that I have not requested in my page but do to family around the country I keep it. Tinbook on ATS wont matter as I came here today to look up info on the Department of Transportations antigrav that was supposed to be "publicaly revealed" in 2008 and went into some other sites but the links I was searching for wont open they are either blocked by Yahoo, I don't have an operations password, Forbidden,or it was your project but we took it and you can get lost.
The last couple of times I've signed into ATS someone has tracked me and my reaserch and any working projects posted by Intelgurl that I may need to look at is blocked or "refused".
I think this is coming from inside ATS and not from the NSA or other initials (and I will try not to give out engine designs) Unfortinatly there are a number of because I didn't think of it firsts E=MC2 it is impossibles here I must maintain my tolerance.
So by all means if you want to start tinbook then go ahead I'll join I have nothing to loose since its all been removed, takin from me or prevented me from learning already ,why not.

..Who are you going to believe,your lying eyes,or your government??

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I would not join either, they know enough already. The rest they just make up, and they are bad at that so let them.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Hell yes,

I stopped using Facebook about a year ago before the privacy stuff started. i've not deactivated my account yet but 90% of the stuff on there is false anyway lol there was no way i was going to give any "actual" data about myself to them, the only thing thats real is my real name !

Please please please put this into action, TinBook, SecretBook, BlackBook ... dont care what its called butto quote a famous sports brand ........ JUST DO IT.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I say yes to tinbox, i am on facebook but mostly email,do not like the i spy aspect.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

edit on 19/1/11 by B.Morrison because: nevermind - turns out I've already replied to this... my mistake

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join