It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Williams vs. Kermit Cintron: Did Cintron take a dive? You be the judge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It was obvious to me that he dove out of the ring on purpose, just as Paul Williams started to find the range on his powerful punches. This is one of the worst acting jobs of all time. In slow-mo you can actually see the hesitation before Cintron takes two steps and launches himself through the ropes. He doesn't even try to stop himself with the ropes!

Weak Kermit! Enjoy your payday and I hope Williams doesn't give you a rematch.

www.boxingchaos.com...

Peace

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
That was pretty weak, ... he prolly bet all of his money against himself before the fight.

still, not as bad as Ali vs Liston and the " phantom punch". That was the worst.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

The "phantom" punch was a quick right and it landed. Liston went down for about 20 seconds before he got up and the ref ended up calling the fight. The venue also got moved and it was the record low for attendance so a lot of people missed it, back then if you did not see the fight on TV you would probably not see it for a long time.

reply to post by Dr Love

Just going off my ring experience that is almost impossible to do what he did. I think he did not train up enough to get into the ring with a guy like williams who throws a LOT of punches. He probably wanted to "fall" out of the ring to buy some time but ended up really hurting himself.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

That is weird for sure... It doesn't look like he was getting too bad a beating, not enough to throw himself out of the ring and fake it?

That is one of the strangest things I've seen.

And he clearly doesn't injure himself on the table?

So random...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Larry Merchant was the only one of the three announcers to even have the balls to hint that there was something wrong happening. Jim Lampley and Emanuel Steward just toed the line like a couple of schmucks. I kept asking myself what the hell were those two watching? Cintron even threw Williams down to initiate the whole event. It was so obvious.

I tell you, Williams reminds me a lot of Thomas Hearns. When he he gets warmed up and those long punches start snapping, you can hear them even when he misses.

Peace

top topics

join