It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Distraction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hello everyone, I wanted to share this thought I had last night with you guys. After reading and seeing everything that is on the news, thoughts started to pour into my mind. Why so many things happening one after the other.

Lately we have been direction our attention to the recent disasters happening around the world. Has the government been involved in these recent disasters to distract us from something else?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Good question, and while I'm not sure if HAARP can really control the weather/natural disasters along with the Government, I'm sure they still find ways to distract us. Take the big scandal during the Clinton administration. Not sure whether this is accepted, but I believe Bill's whole affair completely distracted the American people of whatever may've been going on in the background.
So yes and no, not sure whether they can control the weather/disasters, but they DEFINITELY try to distract us from what's really going on.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Antigen Shift

True, but by the way I'm not only talking about natural disasters. The oil spill happening right now for example.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ^anubis^

Oh yes, I haven't thought of that. True, they could be behind it. But who knows what they ARE behind, and what they aren't. But it seems like the perfect opportunity to do something, so I'll keep that in mind.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
i've thought this a few times over the last few recent years.
any ideas what they could be distracting us away from this time.

ufos, korea, dangerous stella activity or something bigger.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Pretty good of Bill to take one for the team

Sure he didn't have to be persuaded too much.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The amount of stuff going on now is...scary. Is the world being distracted, maybe for some big event? There is a feeling in the air...maybe this time the wolf really is there!

[edit on 10/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Finally! Someone wakes up a bit here. You know what else is a distraction? Immigration, health care, xbox, playstation, television shows, movies, economic failure in Greece, terrorists, UFOs, the war on terror... Pretty much everything is a distraction. We probably have no idea what's really going on behind the scenes.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
Finally! Someone wakes up a bit here. You know what else is a distraction? Immigration, health care, xbox, playstation, television shows, movies, economic failure in Greece, terrorists, UFOs, the war on terror... Pretty much everything is a distraction. We probably have no idea what's really going on behind the scenes.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Sorry I was watching Dancing With the Stars, what ya talking bout?

Seriously though, those things you mentioned seem more like passive distractions. At present we are being bombarded with active distractions. In other words: they are not presenting us with 1,000 unimportant things for us to pick and choose from. They are encouraging us to focus on 100 things with intensity!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Sure, because nothing happens in the world unless it's a government conspiracy.
No accidents, no earthquakes or storms. No violence.
Yeah right!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Sure, because nothing happens in the world unless it's a government conspiracy.
No accidents, no earthquakes or storms. No violence.
Yeah right!

Like I said, you can't say everything is a conspiracy. However, this is a conspiracy board, and that's the opinion we're trying to get across.

reply to post by Dark Ghost

True, but I believe they even technology or entertainment to subtly turn us into zombies. Look at teens these days, always on a piece of technology, usually their phone, avoiding human interaction. Then again, they're from the worst generation ever, but you get what I mean, and I get what you mean. There's subtle, and then there's the really big events. Sorry, hope I'm not just repeating all you said.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Like I said, you can't say everything is a conspiracy. However, this is a conspiracy board, and that's the opinion we're trying to get across.

I don't think your reply makes any sense!
Whenever anything happens througout the planet, somebody here jumps to the conspiracy conclusion. That's not rational or intelligent. Just to assume something is a conspiracy is simply a dogmatic knee jerk reaction, therefore irrelevant and useless.
IF there is any evidence, then that's a different matter.
But on ATS five minutes after anything happens, someone is crying conspiracy.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
While this was going on, Hillary Clinton signed the Small Arms Treaty with the UN.
Can you say "end run around the Second Amendment"?

What needs to happen to get this thread back on the front page?

www.un.org...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

See what i mean? Where was this on the news???? Maybe I was too busy reading about the oil spill and the flood up north.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by ^anubis^]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
I don't think your reply makes any sense!
Whenever anything happens througout the planet, somebody here jumps to the conspiracy conclusion. That's not rational or intelligent. Just to assume something is a conspiracy is simply a dogmatic knee jerk reaction, therefore irrelevant and useless.
IF there is any evidence, then that's a different matter.
But on ATS five minutes after anything happens, someone is crying conspiracy.

It actually does make sense to most people. There are people that irrationally conclude every event that takes place is part of a conspiracy. Most members do not appear to have that mindset, though. Do remember this is a forum dealing with Conspiracy Theories and Alternative topics. The conspiracy aspect is given the benefit of the doubt because there are already more than enough other forums that deal with more mainstream topics that do not require members to use their critical thinking skills.

[edit on 11/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

top topics

join