It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outside Education (Anti-Genuine World)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The reason there is a decline in interesting topics on the entire internet message board forums is because too many people are now spending more time on the internet that nothing happens in the genuine world anymore outside the internet.

Wont be too many major events other than the ones mother nature related, thanks to the addiction people have with the internet. It's all too sad but all too true.

My question to you is: What would it take for people to interact in the world more than online?

Less interaction in the world is what is behind making the very addictive internet a dull place. Feel me?

The internet is limiting us when you think about it. It seems that people's minds dwell in what's going on online, doesn't it? Not many are dwelling on things outside the world wide web/internet/com.

A course in "real interaction" and "real experience" and "real witness" is what an outside education is in my book. Too many are dwelling in an anti-genuine world via "www . internet . com."

Until next time, folks, nothing exciting (good, cool, or bad) will happen for us to talk about on the internet so as long as we dwell too much on the internet. I guess the new in-crowd is online, although they make such a dull crowd to try to hang in there with. Are you versatile to where you can make things happen in the genuine world even though you use the internet?

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
yes i get what your saying, but at the same time your posting your opinion on the internet lol

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

I understand where you're coming from, and I agree. To a certain extent.

When I was growing up, the internet didn't exist yet
and I turned out just fine. We [ civilization ] didn't NEED the internet to function, and we did just fine. And if you think about it, it wasn't that long ago either. [ I'm talking about the 70's BTW]

Nowadays however, I get the feeling sometimes that the civilised world wouldn't know how to function without it. This current generation especially. And it's kinda sad when you think about it.

When used in moderation and for the right,productive reasons, the internet can be an EXTREMELY useful tool. The perfect example of the human race evolving.

There are people, who on the surface, seem to use the internet TOO much for the sole purpose of interacting with other people. I've seen people when I was growing up that found it extremely hard, if not impossible, to interact with others face to face. Some people just don't have good people skills. The internet is an invaluable tool for people like that.

It's just too bad that people exploit that.

This video kind of makes light of that fact. Pokes fun at it without demeaning it.

www.youtube.com...

In my opinion, the only way anymore people will communicate more face to face rather than online [ assuming you're right about that statement ] is a total breakdown of the electrical grid.

How ironic, it would take complete darkness to wake people up to the fact that we don't necessarily NEED the computer to survive.

P.S. Marcia Brady STILL rocks

Peace

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
[edit on 9-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

top topics

join