It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a cure for sleep paralysis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Lucidology 101: How To Trick Your Body Into Falling Asleep To Astral Project, Lucid Dream And Have Out Of Body Experiences

Waking Sleep Paralysis: The Holy Grail For New Lucid Dreamers & OBEers

The Stop Drop & Roll Sleep Command To Fall Asleep Fast

5 New Sleep Commands To Trick Your Body Into Falling Asleep
www.lucidology.com...

Fast Relaxation For Lucid Dreams And OBEs

How To Optimize Brain Chemistry For Lucid Dreams & OBEs

The Fastest Way To Have Lucid Dreams & OBEs Tonight - Timer Method

The 4 Easiest Movement-Free Reality Checks For Lucid Dreams And OBEs

Exit Blindness - 3 Fast Solutions

OBE Vibrations & 3 Ways To Tell How Close You Are To An OBE

Fast Exit Methods For Lucid Dreams & OBEs

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Like I said in another thread, I suffered from SP for years. I had a few every week.

About a year ago somebody who suffered from it, but managed to stop it, told me to stop eating cheese. I stopped eating cheese and haven't had an episode since.

Of course if you have never eaten cheese yet still suffer from them, this won't help and could probably prove that this theory is perhaps psychological.

It's worth a shot though.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by noface]

[edit on 11-5-2010 by noface]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by noface

well i eat cheese toasties more than ever and my sp has not changed. in the cheese their is a very mild hallucanegenic (probably spelled that wrong) which can give you the wierdest dreams but im not sure if it can induce sp.
my sp is so rare i can't actually remember the last time i had an episode but it has only happened to me while on my back (face up)

the first time i tried my technique to snap out of it by increased breathing and focusing on trying to move one limbe came to me while in a sleep paralisis episode.
in my mind at the time i thought that i was breathing to slowly and mabye i cant move because of lack of oxygen and i tried to move my arm to the edge of the bed hoping it would hit something to wake me up.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hi. Hello. Excuse me.

But sleep paralysis is not a disorder. It happens to every human being. It is a natural part of sleep that the body engages in order to prevent harming oneself while dreaming. Occasionally, however, you might wake up and your body "forgets" to disable the sleep paralysis. This causes panic and fear, because nobody likes the idea of not being able to move or speak. There is nothing evil about it. The "evil presence" you feel is your own fear of the unknown. It is natural.

The real cure is not getting rid of sleep paralysis (you can't). What you must learn to do is embrace sleep paralysis. Have you heard of astral projection, OBE's, or lucid dreaming? Guess what. Sleep paralysis is a gift. It is a gateway to the astral world and also the world of lucid dreaming. Here is the trick:
The next time you feel like you are having sleep paralysis, RELAX. Relax and let your will to move fade. Now with your mind, slowly raise your mind's body out of the paralyzed one. You will begin to feel your mental limbs take form and be able to move them, free from your physical body. Now with your new "astral body", you can actually enter into lucid worlds of your own imagination. It is truly a gift, if you are not afraid to embrace it.

Edit to add:
I forgot to mention that sleep paralysis also induces audible and/or visual hallucinations. These hallucinations also contribute to the fear factor in someone who does not understand what is really happening. But like I said, learn to relax, and most of all, embrace it!

[edit on 5/12/2010 by OrphenFire]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

Yes, good post, basically what I was trying to say but in better words.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
hi

SP is a disorder just google it
it is not a gift it is a curse
i think some people are confusing SP with other mind states
i have had OBE and lucid dreaming experences before they are nothing
like SP
their is no fight or flight inpulse with SP you are Paralyzed by Fear and dread as well as been actully Paralyzed
i have had it enough times (approx once a month) over the last 30 years
to know what i am talking about often having 3 or 4 in a night
i know perfectly well during an attack that i am safe but it makes no differnce maybe i am an exception to the norm?

kind regards
moonpie

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by moonpie

Before OBE/ap most people have to achieve Paralysis = mind awake, body asleep, to me it's the same thing, I have experienced SP when not wanted and when trying to achieve it and it feels the same to me, although with the unwanted SP I do experience more hallucinations.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

hi phoenix
yes sorry you are correct i am not making my self clear
the paralysis does not bother me its the fear and felt presence
in the room that is the problem for me
and like i said in an earlier reply when somthing is jumping on your chest well it is a fear i have never felt at any other time in my life

regards
moonpie

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I have my own method of escaping sleep paralysis. It's very simple.

Try and move your fingers. Easy, huh. You won't be able to do it fast, and it feels kind of awkward being limited to only moving small ligaments. Now as hard as you can, with all the strength in your body, try to move one of your arms. Once you accomplish this, the paralysis spell will be gone instantly.

Now if you're in a real heavy bout of sleep paralysis, this might seem impossible... so impossible, that you might just give up and fall back asleep.. but you are still able to accomplish this despite that.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by moonpie

Yes I know that feeling and seen/ felt things, it is very strange indeed, and feels REAL as can be.

It still is probably your minds natural reaction, to fear the "unexpected", and because your in a sort of dream state while actually awake, you can see and even create thing that you would not normally see.

And I guess when you actually attempt to do obe, seeing or feeling scary things is less likely, because you were not suprised by the SP.

My view is that it's just the mind messing around, I sure hope they are not real entities messing around with us !!! haha, but even so, it doesn't seem like they can do much, when you show no fear.

Peace.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by moonpie

I'm sorry, but I don't need to "google" SP. You need to read my post again. I am very experienced with SP, lucid dreaming, etc. and I also have a lot of scientific knowledge from studying the human body in sleep state. SP is normal. It happens to everyone. HOWEVER, not everyone in the world will experience SP while awake. That only happens to some people. For instance, my father, my brother, and I experience SP, whereas my mother and my sister have never felt it before. My wife has had it one time, after I told her what it was and why I jump awake sometimes. So in her case, once her mind had the knowledge of what it was, her brain probably caused it because she had been thinking about it.

I must add this: there is a "disorder" among some people causing them to experience many episodes of SP within short periods of time, like you described. This doesn't mean SP itself is a disorder. Like I have said three times now, SP is as normal as something like sneezing.

The pounding feeling or jumping feeling you feel on your chest is simply the pressure of immobility (yes immobility has pressure, because you are trying to move, but you can't, therefore resistance is interpreted as pressure) coupled with the panic and fear that is common with SP. Please try to embrace the SP next time. You will find it quite refreshing, I guarantee.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
reply to post by moonpie

I'm sorry, but I don't need to "google" SP. You need to read my post again. I am very experienced with SP, lucid dreaming, etc.

you are quite correct -- did i read your post too quickly --yes i did

and I also have a lot of scientific knowledge from studying the human body in sleep state. SP is normal. It happens to everyone. HOWEVER, not everyone in the world will experience SP while awake.

i quite understand that SP is normal and what is not normal is waking up during it

That only happens to some people.

why is that ? can you shed some light on that as you say you have scientific knowledge

I must add this: there is a "disorder" among some people causing them to experience many episodes of SP within short periods of time, like you described. This doesn't mean SP itself is a disorder.

ok lets not split hairs on that i assume that you mean they are awake duing the SP

The pounding feeling or jumping feeling you feel on your chest is simply the pressure of immobility (yes immobility has pressure, because you are trying to move, but you can't, therefore resistance is interpreted as pressure)

EH no i dont think so i can feel normal resistance when trying to move
the few times that the jumping on the chest has happened i have reacted to it not caused it
(i may be wrong it has been known to happen
)

coupled with the panic and fear that is common with SP. Please try to embrace the SP next time. You will find it quite refreshing, I guarantee.

not a chance

but seen asyou have made a very kind effort to help me out i will try it next time and let you know how i get on

kind regards

moonpie

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have been meditating and doing tons of self help courses the message they give me is that no matter what happens or what you do just accept your circumstances if they cannot be change and always be mindful. Whenever I wake up in the state I welcome it and accept the situation. I have only felt the presence a few times in my teens and my early 20s after that I know its just me and my body falling asleep. Sometimes it freaks me out because when Im usually busy I feel like Im wasting time laying there lol.

Meditate all the time whenever you can between shifts and when you get up. You can heal yourself you have the power.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by moonpie

Sorry I didn't see you replied to me.

why is that ? can you shed some light on that as you say you have scientific knowledge

There are many reasons why one may experience SP while awake. These may include: narcolepsy, cataplexy, mental instability, restlessness, or simply a single malfunction while falling asleep or waking up. Often, a single incident may spur further incidents due to the fear of the first incident.

ok lets not split hairs on that i assume that you mean they are awake duing the SP

Of course, I meant the incident of waking SP. Not the actual SP itself that is normal for everyone.

I hope this helps.

And you should really try to at least relax during SP.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

reply to post by _Phoenix_

lol, kind of glad this thread is up. I just posted my own experience in the paranormal forum earlier today. Because I am under a strong impression there is nothing wrong with it at all. I was hoping it was all self-induced fear and paranoia as well as hallucinations.

I've been having irregular sleep, so Its bound to happen again. I'm just trying to get over the hallucinations. I basically trust whats going on.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
hey listen ty to every one for there info on this sorry did not get back in time i somehow forgot about this topic so what i am thinking now after reading all your sotorys is that i wonder if alian ubductions are sp? i mean i am not saying people arnt getting ubducted but i wonder how many people out there its rly happning to and how many are just having sp? anyway i am curious to know if anyone has tried the 1 2 3 wake up thing yet and has it worked for them? anyway ide sure love to hear your story and i thank you and love you all

and you all know me lol pardon my rly bad spelling and shorthand thanks much
love Nephi

top topics

<< 1   >>

join