It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese ‘murderer’ released after ‘victim’ returns home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

BEIJING (BNO NEWS) -- A central Chinese man convicted of murder was released on Friday when the 'murder victim' suddenly returned home after more than ten years, state media reported on Sunday.

Zhao Zuihai was officially declared innocent by the Higher Peoples Court on Friday, more than 10 years after his conviction for murder, the state-run Xinhua news agency reported.

Source

Cases like this make me realize how flawed the justice system can be.

Could you imagine spending 10 years in prison knowing that it was for something that you didn't do. I know some of you will say these are rare cases, but could you chalk it up to a 'mistake' if you were the one doing time?

How can you repay a person for falsely placing them behind bars and taking years of their life?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I think alot of people in prison for serious crimes where just framed and did not do anything.

The police tried desperately for 18 years to do this to me in london, so i know.

One thing is for sure there is plenty in prison for not doing anything and the police just made it up. Sick world.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
the guy is lucky to be alive after 10 years.

i've seen cases here, you are shot within a month.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
It just shows us how the "justice" system is too too too lazy to do an investigation before catching the right suspect so they go and prey on the weak. Let me not get into the ADA, they just care about winning a case, treat everyone as a criminal no matter what (if you are innocent, or if you did something small and non-violent) and try to charge you with the Max. instead of getting the facts and witness str8, Not giving a person an alt. option, believing solely on a cop word when themselves are corrupted and not always honest at court and/or writing an arrest report...

I know it too well from experience..... they're lack of effort shows when its too late, when the damage has been done already... only if they actually put in work for those who really does deserve to be locked away instead just taking who they think fits.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I really hope he sues them for millions in compensation.
What a waste of 10 years

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Well it is China after all.

They don't really have a great track record when it comes to adequate policing or human rights, so I'm not surprised this sort of thing happened.

Although I am surprised that they let him go just like that, no hassle.

I would press charges or sue the person who was gone for 10 years.

~Keeper

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
That remind me a joke:
The LAPD, the FBI, & the CIA are all trying to prove that they are the best at apprehending criminals. The President decides to give them a test. He releases a rabbit into a forest and each of them has to catch it.
The CIA goes in. They place animal informants throughout the forest. They question all plant and mineral witnesses. After three months of extensive investigations they conclude that rabbits do not exist.

The FBI goes in. After two weeks with no leads they burn the forest, killing everything in it, including the rabbit and they make no apologies. The rabbit had it coming.

The LAPD goes in. They come out two hours later with a badly beaten bear. The bear is yelling, "Okay, okay, I'm a rabbit, I'm a rabbit!"

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
When you search google with "American police crime arrest wrong compensation years DNA innocent", you will know who has more
severe problem in this regard.
edition.cnn.com...
reason.com...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gs001

Exactly! I find it funny when americans start in on other countries prison records n stats. When we, the "land of the free" have more people in jail/prison than the next 10 countries combined! Many of them for non-violent or "drug" crimes.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
What a waste of 10 years
yeah, sue China

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
All I have to say about this guy is, he is really lucky not to have been executed! As for compensation..... is there such a thing in China?

In the UK, people who have served lengthy prison sentences and subsequently found innocent have been awarded compensation, BUT, the government takes back a percentage of this compensation for "BOARD AND LODGINGS!" Unbelievable that the UK government, wrongly imprison someone, then have the cheek to make them pay for their own incarceration out of damages awarded for putting them there in the first place! This stinks and must be changed! Innocent means Innocent!

Peace

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

I was posting a story, I'm assuming you don't really know too much about this American.. I am more critical of this country's government than any other.. the entire system too.

This was a story about injustice in the world and not China. I would venture to say that if you look hard enough.. there is a case similar to this in every country.

It is never us vs them, it's us vs us..

Resistance is Peace.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Also, to those saying sue China, I have two things to ask..

Do you really think he will be able to sue China's government for this? (I don't know, but I find that hard to believe..)

and..

What is a suitable price for 10 years of your life?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

I'm sorry if you misinterpreted my statements. I didn't mean that u were bashing on china, I didn't get that from your post at all. I just saw a chance to bash on the govt in the usa! Land of the free my Azz!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

No worries, thus my interpretation when I have not slept.

My problem, not yours.

Bash on.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

What a waste of 10 years

Well, we don't know that it was a complete waste. Maybe he was able to get the Chinese equivalent of his GED?

Just sayin'....

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Punishment only adds insult to injury.

We need to find the causes for increased trends in violence, and eliminate them.

For example, everybody knows that when the people hit hard economic times, the "crime rate" goes up. So, considering that this is a predictable response, and those increased numbers of people committing crimes wouldn't be criminals if the economy were okay, should they be punished for their crimes, or should the people who affected the economy be punished for making conditions such that more crime was inevitable?

Most people are the same. We share almost identical DNA. Punishing one of us is to turn a blind eye to what molds a human being from an innocent child into a desperate, sick, emotionally malfunctioning adult.

A healthy society doesn't create such sick human beings.

A healthy reform system doesn't punish, humiliate, hurt, harm, or kill. It teaches.

The human race needs to wake up.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
中华人民共和国国家赔偿法
Law of the People's Republic of China on State Compensation
www.lawinfochina.com...
www.china.org.cn...

[edit on 9-5-2010 by gs001]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Zhao Zuohai gets 650,000 yuan to make up for jail time
www.chinadaily.com.cn...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
China is a least doing something that would never happen in the US.

They are arresting the cops that beat the confession out of the wrong person.

how many cops have used illegal tactics to get a confession in the US.
and how many cops were ever arrested for doing it in the US.

top topics

join