It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates pays for ‘artificial’ clouds to beat greenhouse gases

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Bill Gates pays for ‘artificial’ clouds to beat greenhouse gases

The first trials of controversial sunshielding technology are being planned after the United Nations failed to secure agreement on cutting greenhouse gases.

Bill Gates, the Microsoft billionaire, is funding research into machines to suck up ten tonnes of seawater every second and spray it upwards. This would seed vast banks of white clouds to reflect the Sun’s rays away from Earth.

The British and American scientists involved do not intend to wait for international rules on technology that deliberately alters the climate. They believe that the weak outcome of December’s climate summit in Copenhagen means that emissions will continue to rise unchecked and that the world urgently needs an alternative strategy to protect itself from global warming.

Many methods of cooling the planet, collectively known as geoengineering, have been proposed. They include rockets to deploy millions of mirrors in the stratosphere and artificial trees to suck carbon dioxide from the air. Most would be prohibitively expensive and could not be deployed for decades.

edit:

Source: The Times Online UK

technology.timesonline.co.uk...

[edit on 9-5-2010 by chrisrand]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Well there you go folk more proof for chemtrails and cloud seeding.

This time they are using the "Global Warming" hoax as an excuse to use neurotoxin in sky in an attempt to fix and non-existent problem.

I am sure this is not the first time someone of the caliber of Bill Gates has come out openly discussing how they are polluting our skies to "help humanity"

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisrand

Not proof of anything without a source.

Care to indulge us?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisrand

I don't see a problem with cloud seeding. It offers a chance for rain to reach places that have little water.

This time they are using the "Global Warming" hoax as an excuse to use neurotoxin in sky in an attempt to fix and non-existent problem.

Non-existent problem huh? Hmm.

I am sure this is not the first time someone of the caliber of Bill Gates has come out openly discussing how they are polluting our skies to "help humanity"

Polluting our skies with sea water? Is that so. Last time I checked, sea water evaporates into the skies all the time. Thats where a lot of the clouds you see on a day-to-day come from.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Neurotoxins, chemtrails?

This is just sea water, there is nothing toxic about sea water.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Wait a frelling moment. This plan calls for vaporizing or atomizing seawater to "supposedly" reflect sunlight?

I have read way too many studies to NOT know that water vapor helps to contain the heat. Not the opposite.

I need some proof of this as well. Because remembering the 20-50 threads I have read with the correlating links, this would have the exact opposite effect.

Anyone knows, that if you have cloud cover that the heat of the day does not leave as quickly at night. With clear skys at night, the temperature drops and vice versa.

Weather people and scientists, please dispute this if incorrect in what I have gleaned.

edit to add-
I am talking about water vapors ability to hold heat compared to co2. Not taking into account the light reflection of the water vapor. A more dense atmosphere would have more ability to absorb heat.

[edit on 5/9/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Not proof of anything without a source.

Care to indulge us?

Don't know how reliable it is.....

technology.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Thanks for the link!

I had actually already found the article, it's just nice to know where the OP gets their source from.

I think this would be a complete waste of time and money anyway.

Fine it may reduce day time temperatures but it will also increase night time temperatures, I wonder if temperatures will actually slowly increase over a period of time from the constant trapping of the night time heat?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This brings to mind the practice some years ago of putting old used tires into the ocean in order to provide a habitat for undersea life. While the intentions were good, the results were not as hoped. The tires just created a big mess and now efforts are being made at great expense to remove all those tires from the sea floor.

While rain clouds are continually being made by the process of evaporation, I don't think they're normally made by sucking up seawater and then forcefully ejecting that seawater into the sky.

The oceans have a delicate ecosystem of micro and macro organisms that Bill Gate's machines would be vacuuming up and shooting into the sky. I have my doubts that many of those organisms would survive the process. And for the microbes or macrobes that did survive their flight, might we be making airborne organisms that could be pathogenic to terrestrial plants or animals?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Overgrown little boys still pulling the wings off of butterflies. I've always thought Bill Gates was an arrogant, evil, little ###K. He is the consummate globalist. A pox on his house!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Not surprising considering he wants to reduce the worlds population through vaccines...

Google GAVI group and see how he spreads the love/death.

Gates, if you read this, I hope someone gives you some vaccines.

SCUMBAG

And yea, more to add to the pile of ever growing chemtrail issue.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Why does he need to do this?

Contrails are already having that effect now, and have ben for a few years. With the never ending expansion of air travel, there is nothing else needed to manipulate the environment

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

OP...did you read the article properly?

Please point out the reference to "chemtrails and cloudseeding".

The "idea" in the article was to "suck up seawater" and spray it up into the sky, to condense INTO clouds.

Really...this "chemtrail" nonsense just brings out the full cognitive disconnect in some people.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

So they're determined to force an ice age then?

There is another reason they are blocking the sun out for people, for is you only knew what the Sun is in a Holographic Universe Model and what the implications are, for a Hologram is a construct, and its being broadcast in. Ask what intense lights exist in the hologram that could act as lasers, and you can also imagine that you phone in back home to your beloved family through your hearts.

They have no right to force their ideas on us, or block the light.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This takes control freakiness to a whole new level!

Is Gates like some kind of Bond villain? "Watch Mr Bond, as I evaporate the ocean to block out the sun. I will rain crustaceans on the world until all bow down before me!"

What next? Giant nuclear powered refrigerators to stop the ice caps from melting?

It must be difficult for Gates, he wakes up in the morning thinking, 'I've got all this money, what on earth am I going to spend it on?'.

Madness. Just plain madness.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisrand
W

Sea water is a neurotoxin?
What's your beef with water? Why do you care if Bill Gates wants to spend his own money to spray sea water in the air? Hater?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Sea water is a neurotoxin?
What's your beef with water? Why do you care if Bill Gates wants to spend his own money to spray sea water in the air? Hater?

Maybe the conspiracy lies with the salt.

Maybe he's really trying to increase peoples cholesterol levels

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The object of this is not to put seawater into the sky. It's to get the salt particles from the sea water into the sky where natural evaporation has something more to cling to. They would be doing this by pressurizing the seawater and shooting it out at very very high pressures creating a mist which separates the salt particles as the water falls back to the ocean.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Well, according to the global warming freaks, CO2 is a toxin.

So the thesis is based upon the same logic. What is your beef?

Just because something completely oblivious of logic, not being espoused by global warming nutjobs like Gore and the IPCC, are not to be listened to?

[edit on 5/9/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SneakAPeek

Exactly what the aim of cloud seeding is

And the dust and water waste from hydrocarbon combustion from jet engines, causes contrails to act in this manner too

top topics

<<   2 >>

join