It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to learn more about ourselves and our world first

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Shouldn't we figure out the remaining of Earth's Secrets and learn more about our world and ourselves before traveling to other planets and galaxies?

It makes sense does it not? Shouldn't we travel deeper in the oceans and seas? Travel deeper in the hidden jungles, especially the Amazon? Shouldn't we dig deeper into the Earth's core? Shouldn't we learn more about the atmosphere? Dig deeper inside volcanoes? You get the idea....

We should learn more about our own planet before we travel to other planets. Because if we don't know everything about our own planet what makes us think we could survive and learn more about other planets?

Of course I love astronomy, et, all of what the universe has to offer, I want to learn all the secrets, meet Extra-Terrestrials from other worlds and universes. I want to study the stars and galaxies more, but right now I think we humans have more to learn about ourselves and this planet before we tread foot somewhere else...

Don't you guys agree with me?

I am sure our earth has more secrets that we still need to find that will lead us to better technologies to solve our problems better and lead us to better explore new worlds and galaxies with better information and technology.

We can't even cure diseases like AIDS and Cancer but yet we want to travel galaxies, go to new planets. What if we bring the horrible diseases with us? That would make things worse for us humans.

[edit on 5/8/2010 by jca2005]

[edit on 5/8/2010 by jca2005]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It is the traditional human nature to explore. And if your going to sit around and wait until we have everything on this planet figured out then go into space, then we will never get to other planets. What if Christopher Columbus decided that they needed to figure everything else out first before he sets sail and accidentally discovers America?

Plus, there are things we learn about our own planet by looking at other planets.

I do see your point, it it does seem as if there is very little return on the space investment in comparison to the many things that would provide greater and more frequent results though. It does bother me that society can find the time and resources to split the atom in the 40's and go to the moon in the 60's. You would think the common cold would be a thing of the past by now. But that is not how it works. Just getting rid of the space program wouldn't cure cancer. Why? Because of the structure needed. To cure the things that we need to cure would take the same type of monumental effort that splitting the atom and going to the moon did.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005
Shouldn't we figure out the remaining of Earth's Secrets and learn more about our world and ourselves before traveling to other planets and galaxies?

It's a moot point, we don't have the technology to send anything but robots to even a place as close as Mars now, so I don't think you have to worry about us sending people too far right now.

Maybe by the time we've developed technology to send men further than we can now, we'll be more ready for it. And the jungles like the Amazon rainforest might be nearly gone by then.

Besides, traveling to the moon helped us figure out some secrets about the Earth, by analyzing the moon rocks and comparing them to Earth rocks.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I do see your point, it it does seem as if there is very little return on the space investment ...

dude, did you already forget about Tang?....

If we reearched our own planet better, maybe we could figure out/find the Stargates. Then it would be that much easier to travel outside our own solar system...

ugh, I think I'm tired...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Of course we should do all of this PUBLICLY! I'm sorry but its the truth. We are more advanced than what the public is lead to believe.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

We can't even cure diseases like AIDS and Cancer but yet we want to travel galaxies, go to new planets.

AIDS and cancer seperates the wheat from the chaff.

top topics

join