It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I a sub-consciousness of God?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Warning: this thread will cause deep thinking!

Imagine this - you are a God trillions of years old. Is that a bit hard? OK, well let me help...lets start at the beginning:

When child first enters the world, it's full of mystery and adventure...vibrant colors, smells and tastes...everything is new and unknown...life is so great at those ages, because you truly don't know if Santa exists, in fact, you've got good reason to believe Santa does exist...everyone tells you he does, and why would they lie...ghost stories and horror movies are extra scary as a kid for the same reason...but as you grow older and your understanding of the world develops, you realize these things probably aren't real...as an adult life is quite serious, dull and boring...and it isn't often you get the feeling of mystery and excitement as you behold a magnificent new discovery...all the mystery and adventure slowly gets sucked out of life, and things become more serious and mundane as you grow into adult hood.

Can you imagine living for a few billion years, after experiencing all there is to experience, after knowing all there is to know, after feeling every emotion and feeling there is to be felt..is it really purposeful to continue living? Imagine it after trillions of years...the only thing left to do would be destroy yourself and start again...or is it? Is there possibly something else a God could do to keep things fresh? But what if you truly know all that is, and all that will be? Lets say you like games...you'd probably be at a stage where your consciousness could conceive every possible game scenario, and would have done so...but is it too far fetched to assume a God could control its mind to such an extent that it could create virtual reality (controlled dreams) on demand.

Have you ever had a dream that didn't match reality? How is that you can trick your own mind into believing things that are totally illogical and contradict what you know? It's almost as if you don't have access to all your memories...any memories that may reveal the fact that you are actually dreaming, get locked away...however, this doesn't always happen, I have actually realized that things aren't matching memories, and this is one method people use to gain control of their dreams and provoke lucid dreams. What if...I am sub-consciousness of God, and by that, I mean, I am a sub-section of Gods total consciousness, a small part of it with restricted access to memories, allowing me to believe this world is real, that I'm not actually God, and I don't actually know all there is to know, and life is mysterious and full of adventure...but this is all actually a dream...

We could go even further, and say that we are each a different sub-section of Gods consciousness, all a part of one mind, but living in an illusion where we appear to be totally independent from one another....and who's to say this is the only dream, perhaps there are multiple other reality/universes, each being a dream of God. Is this the way an infinite and all knowing God would choose to become a creator of multiple realities? Is this the way it could experience joy and love? But does this also mean that ignorance is ultimately bliss? So...what do you think?

[edit on 7/5/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
i just did i search & found this post, i know its old but no one else replied, so i will. man deep stuff here, i think about stuff like this all the time. all though there is no way to prove any of what you have said, it is very thought provoking & resonates on a certain level with me. i think that could be part of or actually what IS going on! its a shame no one else has replied.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I am far to lazy to quote each part that I sparked an interest..but I felt like I could comment.

We could go even further, and say that we are each a different sub-section of Gods consciousness, all a part of one mind, but living in an illusion where we appear to be totally independent from one another

To my understanding..

This is correct, but distorted by what you have perceived it as. Not 'wrong', just how you interpret it. Understand that.

I, essentially YOU, or WE, or US..this consciousness that is aware of every movement your puppet makes, is One with itself; with infinity, with everyOne. Your consciousness, which is to say my consciousness, is a sub-sub-sub...sub-consciousness of One, of the infinite intelligence. Each sub-section has its own illiustion, and this illusion of independence is just this "sub-concioussness's" illusion and representation of itself. As you are of your Logos, and so forth.

....and who's to say this is the only dream, perhaps there are multiple other reality/universes, each being a dream of God. Is this the way an infinite and all knowing God would choose to become a creator of multiple realities? Is this the way it could experience joy and love? But does this also mean that ignorance is ultimately bliss? So...what do you think?

To my understanding..

You are on the right track with this sentence.

"Is this the way it could experience joy and love? "

If we are just a "sub" of a sub, of a sub, then we are what we are a sub of. That has been taught to us in Math classes all our lives.

if.. A is split into B and C. Then C splits into D, E, and F. Then F remains part of A...it is still One with A..it just has its own existence.

So, without trying to explain.. does this make sense? If "F" is experiencing its own trials and tribulations, and finds Love, or whatever it may; then isn't that the same as "A" experiencing it? Just through different "sub-sections" of itself? Think about it.

ignorance is ultimately bliss?

To my understanding..

Correct in some ways..based on how you see it. Ignorance, to my understanding, is another tool of creation. Like The catalyst. However, ignorance rids opportunity...but the fact that you are aware of ingorance, creates bliss. Follow?

Keep seeking the knowledge my friend.

new topics

join