It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highly Sensitive Dark Matter Experiment Disproves Earlier Findings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
www.physorg.com...

Quote from source:
Early data from a Columbia-led dark matter experiment rule out recent hints by other scientists who say they have found the elusive particle that holds the universe together. The findings show that dark matter, which is believed to make up 83 percent of the matter in the universe, is more elusive than many had hoped.

"Dark matter particles continue to escape our instruments, yet we are getting much more clever in our search and feel confident that we will soon unveil them," said Elena Aprile, spokesperson of the XENON100 experiment and a professor of physics at Columbia University.

Aprile and her collaborators, who number more than three dozen physicists at nine institutions around the world, presented their findings at a dark matter workshop on May 1 and have submitted a paper to the journal Physical Review Letters. The scientists, whose experiment is the most sensitive search for dark matter to date, plan to release a much larger set of data over this summer.

The group did not expect to find dark matter in this short run of data taken last fall. Instead, their results show that the detector is better than any other at screening out background radiation that can be mistaken for the elusive particles.

You know, this dark matter idea is really bugging me now. They prove it and then they disprove it. They find some and then they don't know.

I think dark matter is just scientists code for 'we don't know what 90% of the universe is."

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Nassim Haramein says that:

the 94% of mass of the universe, predicted by the Einstein Field Equations and yet unobserved, is easily accounted for by including torsion and coriolis effects.

in other words, there is nothing more than what we can readily observe....we just have to account for the fact that it is all SPINNING!

i think that he presents a great argument.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
I think dark matter is just scientists code for 'we don't know what 90% of the universe is."

!!!

I totally agree with you, think you hit the nail on the head.

Also could be interpreted as "we don't have the instruments or the understanding to recognize 90% of what the universe is so instead of scratching our heads and feeling like idiots lets just give it a name and baffle the public with our genius"

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Of course that's what it means!

These same scientists also claim that space is electrically neutral and our sun is a thermonuclear reactor driven purely by gravity.

Have a look at the Cat's Eye Nebula and tell me that isn't a giant ball of plasma.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Dark matter is a joke.

Einsein's retarded models can't properly account for gravity alone forming galaxies without it.

Scientists concocted dark matter out of necessity to make their ridiculous models of galaxy formation work.

Los Alamos Plasma Physicist Anthony Peratt has already demonstrated that galaxies form due to electrical currents in space plasma.

Super computer simulations can exactly replicate what we observe in space without any dark matter or black holes if one simply includes electric forces.

Several papers on it can be found here:

knol.google.com...

new topics

top topics

join