It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW* Altmire bill Worse than Patriot Act?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Altmire bill would strip citizenship from terror helpers
Thursday, May 06, 2010
By Daniel Malloy, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

WASHINGTON -- Lawmakers from both sides of the aisle and both houses of Congress, including Rep. Jason Altmire, D-McCandless, today introduced legislation to strip U.S. citizenship from people with terrorist ties.

Read more: www.post-gazette.com...

SoOoOo... what about if help my neighbor to move some stuff out of his/her storage locker and it turns out that he/she's a terrorist? - would I loose my citizenship for that?

[edit on 6-5-2010 by blue_fish]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

SoOoOo... what about if help my neighbor to move some stuff out of his/her storage locker and it turns out that he/she's a terrorist? - would I loose my citizenship for that?

[edit on 6-5-2010 by blue_fish]

You would think no,
knowledge and intent on your part would be required, but who knows how it would get twisted around.
Altmire is an idiot.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yeah this Whole Bill makes sence... Strip Citizenship for Citizens and Allow Illegals in by the millions.

Shouldn't we be tracking down those who have Snuck in. Other Countries have Killed people for that.

Mexico for example:

Resolved QuestionShow me another ยป
Difference between Mexico and USA border vs Mexico and Guatemala border....?
Why is ok for the Mexican border petrol guards to shot to kill any person from Guatemala who tries to cross into Mexico but the Mexicans throw a fit and play the race card and whine and cry discrimination when ever Mexicans are caught/ arrested crossing illegally into the USA. mexican are tough when it comes to guarding their own border but want a free pass into the USA. Why ?... Is is the mexicans who are clever or the USA thats stupid or what ?....................

Additional Details
I live 20 miles away from the Mexican and Guatemala border. I also go to Guatemala 2 times a week and see this first hand. Because someone says that this doesnt happen at the Guatemala border, please check the fact. Mexicans DO indeed Guard their their boarder better then the USA DOES ANY DAY.

I guess everyone knows that "real Terrorist" Have CIA issued credentals....

So Since the CIA Supports Terrorism and Government Funds it ... They all Loose Citizenship Right?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by blue_fish

Yes, because you couldn't use "I only helped him move some furniture" as a defense because you are no longer a citizen and you have no legal rights.

You wouldn't get a trial to decide if you helped a terrorist. Someone "in authority" would decide if you did. And they would take away your citizenship so they wouldn't have to prove you did anything more than "move furniture".

That's what that kind of law does.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Isn't this bill getting a little out of hand?

Let's just stuff a bit more fear into our society so people will be afraid to even say "hello" to a stranger.
Who knows, that stranger may be a terrorist.

Just the other day I gave some money to a homeless person, but who knows, maybe I shouldn't have, since He may have been a terrorist collecting money to buy a SUV to blow up.

top topics

join