It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The IDEA of the United States of America is divinity!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I have come to a conclusion. The United States of America is not a country, but an idea. The U.S. of A was created for one tenet and one tenet only.

People, individuals, are divine.

Divinity is an idea that singular individuals have the holy ghost.

Since I have been a member, I have attempted to separate my spiritual identity from my intellectual. Every time I have, it keeps coming back to the same situation. Why is it that the individual should have more power than the state?

Even if you do not believe in the divine or think that we are just meat sacks, do you not believe that there should be something more? Something tangible? Something divine?

We see the move towards the worship of the Earth. Are you not of the Earth?

Where do your rights come from? The barrel of a gun? The power that your government wields?
If you are spiritual, explain me your position. If you are non spiritual, explain me your position.

God Bless and Peace!
May your soul live in perpetuity!

If you do not believe in divinity, you still understand what I mean. Do you really believe that us religious folk mean you harm? Yes the idiots are out there.

I am not an idiot, you are my friend and will always be "my friend"!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
go read the bible--it clearly when studied tells of americas role in gods plan. -we will be renderd non important in world affairs--so criminal, god lets ourselves take ourselves out first-renderd weak-
People should read the bible before commenting or asking questions containing prophacy, very dangerous to your self.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

What, do you actually think that God would actually ask people to not ask questions of his own faith?

Please, if you could actually reference ANY scripture that states anything about the U.S. of A. I would find that VERY inspirational.

We are all but mathematical equations. We are all but thoughts of a greater divinity. Are you arguing my premise? Are you arguing that my love for my God is less than yours?

Explain please. This is my first thread on the divinity. Are you saying the holy ghost is NOT in each of us?

If you are, we are NOT than members of the covenant, or am I getting things ALL wrong?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure Thoreau stated the same thing. What is higher than self interest? What benefits others benefits us is the paradox we are presented with. We each have equal access to "the truth" which is ultimately dependant on perspective. The truth is therefore relative to the individual and their position in time and perhaps only exists for the moment if indeed "truth" even exists.
Freedom allows the person the ability to pursue life to fulfill their own UNIQUE potential which is best dictated by the person themselves and not by any outside agency be it political, religious or dogmatic.
Less government is best government. Freedom is simply the absence of government and societal controls and mandates but does not free one from obligation. As a collective (supposedly) type government we each have an obligation to chip in either through work or money for the maintence of government. But when the balance of your labors falls towards supporting the state we have definitely crossed a line as far as freedom goes. Today's beauracracy is tumor on the back of the American people and leaches their will and vitality.
If there was no conspiracy to the writing of the Constitution ( I happen to think it was just the product of the collective minds of a few dozen highly exception thinkers), then indeed freedom is the byword of all that they attempted to create.
Free people look out best for their fellow man, which is what government claims to be doing. We need to restore that responsibility to ourselves and limit government to it's true, intented functions and limitations. Allowed to create for ourselves, our economy will flourish and that is a prerequisite to alleviating need in this county.
It's a rare day when you don't write something I agree with 99% of the time Endisnighe

Whoops, sorry I forgot to address the main premise

Are we each divine? You betcha! The bible says we were all created in HIS image. In the image of God? Dang! We must be cool.
But even if you don't go for the bible you gotta agree that the sheer diversity in people is such an incredible and wondrous thing. It not our similarities that make us beautiful, it's the differences.

I personally solved my problem with God a few years ago. I simply agreed that since God made everything I would worship EVERYTHING. No confusion.
[edit on 6-5-2010 by Asktheanimals]

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I'd like to introduce you all to something called the Renaissance.

It happened already.

You can read why it died out.

Sorry to be so crude, but all that is happening has happened before. This movement of yours has already happened and the result was too much pride. Eventually this transformed into pride of the best, worship of them, monarchies, and eventually nationalism and war.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
You have to watch though, this ideal can be easily hijackd and manipulated, leading to dangerous, arrogant philosophies such as Manifest Destiny, giving rise to all manner of genocide and attrocity committed in the name of the divine.

Freedom allows the person the ability to pursue life to fulfill their own UNIQUE potential which is best dictated by the person themselves and not by any outside agency be it political, religious or dogmatic

Are we or are our actions truly unique though?, surely our actions of the self are dictated by who or what is around us?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Thank you. I have been a member now for almost a year.

I have always felt that each and everyone of us are divine, even if one does not believe in a higher power. I have kept my spiritual beliefs hidden until one week ago. Why some may ask, because I wanted my thoughts and ideas to be graded on their merits alone.

Some would say that could be considered obfuscationary or devious.

I wrote one thread since I joined about religion or spirituality. I was devastated about the reaction to it.

I find no fault in anyone's beliefs, that would be hypocritical. BUT, I have seen the attacks on other's beliefs. Including Islam.

To me, if one believes in a higher power, one has to believe that ones actions are to be judged in the afterlife.

Even in Islam, the persecution of other's beliefs is wrong. They are just another problematic institution. Life is all about love, honor and commitment

At this point in time, I am going to switch my endeavors to look beyond my original endeavor of freedom and liberty. Now, I am going to look at the totality of our life and the meaning of pursuits.

Life is limited to a specific time on this plane of existence. We are ALL brothers. We are all systems created in the ether. We are all!

reply to post by Gorman91

reply to post by Johnze

See my points above

[edit on 5/6/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

hmm-here are some interesting scripts

" 'The decision is announced by messengers, the Holy ones declare the verdict, so that the living may know that the Most High is sovereign over the kingdoms of men and gives them to anyone he wishes and sets over them the lowliest of men.'

For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

God reigns over the nations; God is seated on his holy throne.

"Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.

Each of you proclaimed freedom to his countrymen. You even made a covenant before me in the house that bears my Name.

For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Brothers, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case.

"Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not break your oath, but keep the oaths you have made to the Lord.'

You will see it with your own eyes and say, 'Great is the LORD -even beyond the borders of Israel!'

For the nation or kingdom that will not serve you will perish; it will be utterly ruined.

He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead."

So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being" ; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

For why should my freedom be judged by another's conscience?

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike.

I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds."

Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.

The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

"The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them; and those who exercise authority over them call themselves Benefactors. But you are not to be like that.

Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law.

the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are Holy.

She gave birth to a son

The LORD will create a new thing on earth— a woman will surround a man."

as a young man marries a maiden

Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all

your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.
If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual

new topics

top topics

join