It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Election - Bomb Threats...people being refused to vote !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Major problems developing in the UK as we speak.
One place in Northern Ireland has had to stop polling due to a bomb threat.
Multiple places have stopped people from voting.

In one area, an angry mob have stopped the ballot box's leaving the building..

Watch this space !!

news.sky.com... < Video
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Where are you getting your info from?
Those links are only showing the exit poll findings and current seats won...or am i missing something?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
hmmm bomb threats, i can understand that in Ireland, but being turned away is just not fair.

One constituency stayed open for an extra half hour, and now the electoral commission say they will investigate these areas....

Oh great

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Is the UK becoming like V for Vendetta? It all started out with a new leader who turned out to be Fascist.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
News story regarding bomb threats.
www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

Ill keep posting links as and when i find relevant information

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Ibex08]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

If the end result is very close, then im very sure tension in the public will be high because of the amount of people turned away from polling stations.

I have to admit, the polling stations were very unprepared for the amount of people who were wanting to vote.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
How late are the polls open there???
Something stinks here.
Maybe I forgot deoderant...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yeah the bomb threat is true, its actually a suspected carbomb just down the road from me in Templemore sports complex here in Derry City. Ive heard that they have just locked everything up and evacuated the building, voting was apparently over and they were at the counting stage.

It was probably the RIRA or the CIRA just trying to upset things. They tend to do that alot.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Also hundreds of ballot papers have gone missing from York, and in hackney, sheffield people were turned away 100's of people because they were queuing outside. Apparently that particular law is crap and the whole electoral system needs to be fixed.

In Leeds, Birmingham, penistone and newcastle people's names weren't on the electoral role even though they had registered, and they even ran out of ballot papers. They weren't expecting 60-70% turnouts, but still that's a poor excuse. Some poor spokeswoman from the electoral commission getting the blame now on the BBC.

You couldn't make this up, it's ridiculous really.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This stinks to high heaven!

You don't claim democracy and turn away hundreds of people at several places with the lame excuse of being understaffed.

If this scenario would occur when voting in a modern democracy - you give each of those who are standing in ques a ticket or something and keep the places open until all of the people in those ques voted.

Just Incredible!

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hmm, it's starting to sound like American elections. Especially the 2000 election.
Bah

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Yeah the bomb threat is true, its actually a suspected carbomb just down the road from me in Templemore sports complex here in Derry City. Ive heard that they have just locked everything up and evacuated the building, voting was apparently over and they were at the counting stage.

It was probably the RIRA or the CIRA just trying to upset things. They tend to do that alot.

it was a pretty big bang too, im just around the corner. hi ya lady_tuatha

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

This election has no credability whatsoever and reeks of amateurish mis-management or manipulation.

One piece of good news is The Alliance Party have gained Belfast East.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Lady Tuatha
A belated welcome.

Please keep us posted on what is happening in Ireland.
PS
You have a stunning avatar, much more attractive than my checker board thingy.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Calm down....remember this is Britain. We always bumble and stumble during the elections.......Still the bomb threats.....not good!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This is how the beginning of the end starts... Welcome to the Dawn of the NWO... Kinda makes sense that they would start in what remains of the oldest Empire left on earth. Please surrender all freedoms and rights immediately!

join