It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Caught On Tape lit up the sky over Cincinnati

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think all need to review this thread by Chadwickus A lesson on perspective! when we view videos/pictures.

I see no reason to not believe its bugs near the camera.

[edit on May 6th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
Edit to add: On closer inspection it looks like it's coming directly from one of the lower portions of the roof instead of a balcony.

I agree totally. A light is visible on the horizon beyond the point of origin, and the streak of light passes in front of it. No way that was a UFO in my opinion.

I'm going with firework. It must have been a slow news day.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The problem with the 'perspective argument' is that someone could always throw that out for no reason since film is in 2 dimensions. It appears, and by that, I mean it really appears that the light is beyond a building in the video, and until someone can prove it isn't then we have to take the video for what it is.

It appears to be some bright object in the distance moving at high speed and travelling upward.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by talisman
The problem with the 'perspective argument' is that someone could always throw that out for no reason since film is in 2 dimensions. It appears, and by that, I mean it really appears that the light is beyond a building in the video, and until someone can prove it isn't then we have to take the video for what it is.

It appears to be some bright object in the distance moving at high speed and travelling upward.

I posted it because some people say it appears far away. Or it appears very close. Its just something that we all have to keep in mind when viewing videos/pictures.

Thats all

[edit on May 6th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm guessing that it was probably a meteor or meteorite. They don't all look like they're falling "down," you know. It all depends on the angle at which they hit the atmosphere. Looks like this one glanced the atmosphere and continued on to wherever it was going.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Some more links:

Strange Light In Sky Still Unknown
www.wlwt.com...

Video:
www.wlwt.com...

Goes up at an angle as perhaps Professor Oberth, teacher of von Braun
in more the rocketry perhaps, once related about UFOs.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Well the building in question is the Great American Tower. WLWT has an open article on the story and two videos. The original video posted (slightly better quality) and a focused slow speed look looped several times.

The light moves very fast at normal speed. And appears to have a fiery trail behind it. That eliminates a commercial model rocket as model rocket engines do not produce a flame like that.

I think we can eliminate common military jet aircraft, as there are no reports of the sound of a jet kicking in the afterburners in the Cincinnati area. We can eliminate commercial jets as well because CVG airport is not in the direction that the camera is pointing and nothing in a holding pattern would be moving that fast.

A private jet might be possible as it could have left Lunken Airport and what we see is the marker lights, but still is pretty fast for a small private jet.

A shoulder fired rocket is a possibility. But Great American Tower is not completed (if that is where it was fired from) And there are no known "terrorist cells" in Cincinnati that would have such a resource.

My first thought was either a flare from a flare gun...too fast for a flare gun. Or a large store bought firework rocket...again too fast and the tower is not open yet. And if it were fired from the ground, it could not get that altitude.

So how about a commercial grade firework made by Rossi Fireworks and fired from Great American Ballpark (Cincinnati Reds)? Possible, but if that were the case the WLWT would have updated by now if someone from the Reds admitted to testing fireworks at that time. Plus there would have been a report of a firework seen or heard by now.

So, alien UFO? Maybe, but why the fiery portion? Rather atypical for modern UFO descriptions. Unless it was some old 1950's craft.

One other thought: A piece of space debris skipping and bouncing off the atmosphere as it was burning up and we just see an upward motion from Cincinnati?

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Ahabstar]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Sometimes I post too slow when checking multiple links while writing a reply. Star for you.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Seriously, watch the video frame by frame. When it first appears right next to that building, you can see a light that is obviously part of the city above it, and the streak passes close to this light and then ascends. I can's escape the conclusion that the streak originates from a building, either the one it appears to come from or one on the far side of it.

Am I going mad?

Edit to add: I'm not mad. Watch full screen, where they zoom in on the point of origin and use the massive arrow to point to the object. You can clearly see the distant city light beyond the point of origin.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Karilla]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
They mentioned in the story of the game that was previously played where fireworks were present. The game had ended too long ago for it to have come from the stadium.

So this is what I think happened...

Someone got home from the game and lives on the upper floors of what appears to be a high-rise condo/apt building, they had leftover super duper fireworks, went out to the balcony, lit the fuse, aimed, and let it go. It clearly had a flame tail, at least from my observation it did.

Edit to add: On closer inspection it looks like it's coming directly from one of the lower portions of the roof instead of a balcony.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by UberL33t]

Good observation on your edit. That was no firework. For once on ATS I can rule out a UFO explanation based on personal experience. I lived in Chicago And worked on N Clark near the Moody Bible Institute. For fun I used to bounce "rockets" off it's copper roof. Rockets would bounce up and off and some would blow right there. Good times.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by n1gm4t1c]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I don't belive that is a firework travelling at that speed and I also don't believe it is a small object at close range.

But I have no idea what I do think it is either. I think even if we had a full view of an actual UFO landing and aliens coming out to say hi we would still not believe it to be real even though we are all interested and most believe in this matter.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

K3rm1t.....

Thanks for posting this interesting video.

At first look, I don't think we can exclude fireworks being fired from that building, as per previous members in this thread.

I will have a more detailed look when I get some more time.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Im thinking it was a bottle rocket being fired off (a type of firework)

Otherwise, it was a UFO taking off from down town Cincinnati somewhere......

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
A Bat flying close to the camera and appearing as the light hits the top of its wings. My theory and I'm sticking with it.

Have fun with it.

Same patterns we saw when the rod hoax was around. Slow it way down and you will see what I mean. Whatever it is has flapping wings and is flying through a light.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
What ever it may be, it is interesting none the less. But don't be fooled, our eyes and mind can easly play tricks on us. It's definately not a kite with an LED light lol.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
In reading the thread and mention of it appearing to originate from an roof, could it have been a rocket model, timed and launched as a prank to get on the live shot at the end of the news?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

those things are sneaky...we've been looking high and low for them and they park themselves right atop our skyscrapers for who knows how long

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If I may throw my 2 cents in....I believe firefly can be ruled out because we don't have them at this time of the year in Ohio. But it could be a bug with the city lights reflecting off of it. It's been very hazy lately and with all sodium lamps from the city it would give it an amber/ reddish glow.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Great find!

Looks like a red type ufo orb on the move.

As it takes off there does seem like a tail to it, could this be a camera issue? Maybe the thing is morphing as it moves? The ufo orbs do probe around the edges of buildings like this so it could be genuine.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I vote- epic potato gun launching a flaming potato off the roof of the large white-lit building in the foreground.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join