It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"This common-sense legislation is not anti-gun -- it's anti-terrorist," - Sen. Frank Lautenberg (

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Yesterday, May 5, there was a hearing in front of the homeland security folks and Bloomberg was there trying to get people who have never been charged with any crime let alone tried and convicted of any crime denied a fundamental right.

He wants people on "lists" to be denied firearms.

Anyone paying attention should be aware of the numerous children, dead people, senior citizens, politicians the bizarre and illogical cornucopia of people who get on those lists. That 8 year old cub scout Mikey Hicks is no doubt an Al Qaeda operative of some sort.

Something else that gets me, during the hearing those defending the right to bear arms were also opposed to this propane bomb Times Square guy being treated as a citizen in custody but Bloomberg who wants to strip the right to bear arms from so many wanted the Times Square guy to be treated as a citizen.

How can there be such inconsistency?

Bloomberg wants to revoke rights to those on the "list"

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I love the tittle The common sense legislation so what that means, the common sense of the corrupted fat rats running our nation under the disguise of for the safety of the people and good for the nation?

Follow the money trail and see who is actually the ones pushing for this law . . . gun and constitutional loving American should demand the resignation of that fat rats pushing this law.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The dems arn't even trying to hide that they're trying to strip Americans of our inalienable constitutional rights. Their agenda is pretty clear and it looks like they're getting bold.

For the record I'm an independent and I am aware that the two parties are like bad cop/good cop.

OP thanks for bring up this really important issue.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I watched this play out yesterday.

Funny how the Huffington Post doesn't point out the very valid disconnect brought up by Lindsay Grahm. Out of the 400,000+ people on the TSDB, none are currently being investigated, or charged with any acts of terrorism whatsoever.

The very same people pushing this crap are the same liberal gun-grabber wanna-bes who wouldn't hesitate in a second to ban guns outright in the U.S.

With the most recent attempt by the liberal lapdog media to paint everyone from militia members to civil libertarians, Tea Partiers, and anyone who doesn't subscribe to their political ideology as terrorists, this bill is nothing but agenda driven hogwash.

First, they take away the gun rights of anyone on the list, then they just start adding anyone they want to it, claiming they're a "threat". Hell, they don't even know who's on it now, or why. Maybe they got it from the ADL, or the SPLC.

Of course, anyone who doesn't agree with it will immediately be accused of "supporting terrorists" by the anti-gun advocates, which is right down their alley of typical name calling BS.

It's almost comical how fast they jumped all over the Times Square incident, which had nothing to do with a gun, except the fact that the guy owned one, and it was never even a factor.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
It's almost comical how fast they jumped all over the Times Square incident, which had nothing to do with a gun, except the fact that the guy owned one, and it was never even a factor.

A day or two after the Time's Square thing Bloomberg was being interviewed on one of those morning shows, Good Morning America I think, and out of nowhere the conversation went from propane tanks and traffic in Times Square to the "terror loop hole" gun thing.

Granted I was making coffee and eating breakfast so I may have missed the transition but when I heard him going on about guns I nearly choked on my cheerios. I was like "what does this have to do with anything?" They dont even need a gun to be involved to push their rhetoric any more.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

How can there be such inconsistency?

Welcome to a true and blue Orwellian technocratic totalitarian state, double speak and all.

new topics

top topics

join