It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being and Nothingness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It has always occured to me that the individual conscious is essentially nothing it is constantly becoming of itself to know itself but that this knowledge is dependent upon the ideal of being be able to essentially tear itself from its existence to allow itself to be distinguished by limited rational minds that we possess. It is in the the matter and through it that it can break itself down into actual being not because it is but because it is essentially nothing but in order to be this there must be nothing. Is being itself seperate from itself not a thing related to itself knowing nothing of itself and thus because of this knowing that there is nothing to know of this. If so is it possible being does not exist but is rather just an illusion created by the material existence of things which create in themselves replication of nothingness constantly repeating itself as nothing. Or is nothing a distinction we make to understand ourselves as we know it to be in the form of a material thing. Is nothing the barrier between become nothingness itself which is being and if so is being the only way we can thus understand as humans that nothingness. I know its confusing but its a dialetic of things how does one exist upon the fact that the other does not are they not mutally compatible with each other in order to exist and if so how does one exist seperate from each other is it merely an illusion or a pre-tense set by being to what is actually nothing.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Do or don't read Jean Paul Sartre's books and you will or won't be better off with your questioning.

But do use grammar and break up your word blocks a bit more.

-m0r

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
Do or don't read Jean Paul Sartre's books and you will or won't be better off with your questioning.

But do use grammar and break up your word blocks a bit more.

-m0r

Haha yeah I have read him he is crazy sort of like me so I like it that way. Got to say meditating like this is always a good way for a high.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It is possible. But if we exist in illusion, then we exist in nothingness or some other dimension. In order for there to be illusion there has to be a reality, or the real phase. In nothingness we do not exist. There is not thought, no expression, no submission, no free will because there is NOTHING. What is nothing? It is nothing, we can't quite perceive a definite end.

It is irrational to fear nothingness, because we would feel no fear. There would be no we and no comprehension of nothing. We sleep but we do not dream. We are dead but we have no soul to move around in. There is no existence in nothingness. It would not acknowledge the illusion. So if it is an illusion then there is no nothingness.

I think...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsAgentScully
It is possible. But if we exist in illusion, then we exist in nothingness or some other dimension. In order for there to be illusion there has to be a reality, or the real phase. In nothingness we do not exist. There is not thought, no expression, no submission, no free will because there is NOTHING. What is nothing? It is nothing, we can't quite perceive a definite end.

It is irrational to fear nothingness, because we would feel no fear. There would be no we and no comprehension of nothing. We sleep but we do not dream. We are dead but we have no soul to move around in. There is no existence in nothingness. It would not acknowledge the illusion. So if it is an illusion then there is no nothingness.

I think...

Perhaps but what I am saying what if nothing is merely a constant motion of being that it has always existed just like everything it is merely a part of constituting everything that without it everything would become nothing and nothing would be everything because there would nothing that would be. Esssentially it is saying was there ever a being that never was being and if so is this nothing and if it nothing does it essentially take on the charachteristics of nothing. That is to say we there are realities that exist and we have never truly experienced them.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010

truth is the concept of resulting life

now nothing is then a result life not a concept of void death

what is nothing as a result life like?

it is some moves in nothing as free, so it is positive over nothing that move without disturbing nothing base of no move

this kind of moves sense make awareness rise there at different levels

i guess the minimal sense is the one i have of that move, i like it it is a very silent move, it is like in a room where many persons are sleeping and something there is not making noise, but it is business that must be realized im joking a bit, but i mean what i like about it is its perfect path as a move becoming more and more clear justified in pur logics that dissolve anything without a doubt, while you are calm there without moving or meaning being aware

so of course this is nothing, but what is it then when awareness of nothing life is enslaved to a reality forced and not a result of anything logical

what is positive in nothing is the life of nothing as its most positive pick point freedom move, is there a right to treat it as nothing? and claim that your awareness is fake?
if really nothing is positive life freedom at a certain level how can you know that you are not that orme? if you break all the laws of nothing result to force a fake appearance of result by fake equations making nothing, how are you sure that it is not positive nothing who would suffer from that contradiction to truth of nothing result at least

so nothing as a result can react if you force it to unsanity result not being nothing but negative

and nothing plus as living nothing move freedom can start to talk and yell if you force it to such result not being true

this is what creations do, forcing fake equation copy of nothing to be real as nothing life they would pretend its moving life as gods freedom

and voices or deep suffer down shouting in silence please stop that wrong

that is why to me it doesnt matter what we are individually but what matter is the objective of nothing being correctly then we can sense ourselves right

and like someone said here it doesnt matter to be if you are not but what matter is the certainty that is always the source of everything and you, so that objective certain life being obviously real to you

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010

It is not an illusion yet, it will be an illusion. For now it is still as real as it gets. It becomes illusion when we move into the infinite perspective. Once we are no longer bound by time, and mind. I don't describe it as nothing personally, i describe it as everything. If it is everything, why would we be here to experience individuality? Do You think that when we return to the source, we won't have the individual experience to create for us a new infinite perspective of the individual/whole reality?

It is not an illusion yet! But it is an illusion from the infinite perspective (nods at ET_MAN).

new topics

top topics

join