It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 die in Athens riot over cutbacks, debt crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

3 die in Athens riot over cutbacks, debt crisis

news.yahoo.com

– Rioting over harsh austerity measures left three people dead in a torched Athens bank and clouds of tear gas drifting past parliament, in an outburst of anger that underlined the long and difficult struggle.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Just another story on another couple thousand rioters, pretty aggravated over the country's national debt lit a bank on fire which killed 3 of it's workers (smoke inhalation). They tried to charge parliament, but it was stopped.

Another 34 people were injured during the protest. Along with police officers, and rioters.

I find it quite entertaining that the Greek population has the balls to stand up to the banks and government, but as American debt also grows astronomically, everyone just sits back and watches.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I apologize, I did not see that this topic was previously posted. Sorry for the inconvenience.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Well, in my opinion, from my observance of Greek people in general, when I lived there, the Greeks are much more animated than a lot of Americans, and are quick to react to things which cause them grief. They are a wonderful people from my experience. No better friend than a Greek.

I'd guess we will be reading more and watching a lot more videos concerning the breakdown of Greece's economy in the days to come. I can't see how the population in general can be placated right now.

top topics

join