It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having strange dreams about nuclear attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hi, recently I have been experiencing strange dreams where I wake up and see a brilliant flash of light from outside my window. There is a loud rumbling sound in the distance and I feel very panicked. This has occurred three times over the past year while I was sleeping in Chicago. How would you interpret this dream? It seems like a nuclear bomb has been dropped at the location. Has anyone else been having these kind of dreams?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
where you readying/watching/listening to anything related to nuclear weapons or attacks before you went to bed?

are you thinking about any nuclear war or attacks during the day or through the week?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Check this out, it may or may not ease your mind.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Kinda sounds similar to my dream

www.abovetopsecret.com...
It might mean that somethings actually coming

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
A few months ago I dreamt that there was a nuclear strike on Kashmir in a conflict between India and Pakistan, in the dream I was observing the region as if I was in orbit looking down at asia, and the Kashmir region was ablaze, there was a news reporter`s voice speaking about what had happened and was referring to it as the "India nuclear crisis".

I woke up from that dream very panicked, it was horrific. It seemed very real and felt prophetic.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wolfwood290

Are you still sleeping in Chicago?

If there was to be a attack on a U.S. city it would be logical that the second city would be the target.

It would be easy access from the Great Lakes even by ship or boat coming across from Canada.

Everyone is up in arms over the land borders being unsecured allowing all kind of riffraff to enter our sovereignty.

The lakes our known to be very poorly patrolled.

Also Chicago is the home to the ruling elite at the moment so it would even be better to see a mushroom cloud above it,for those who would want harm to come to the residents of that fair and charming city.

It would make a great statement to the Islamic world.

Don't be worried though,the flash would be probably the last thing you would remember anyway.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Oneolddude]

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I honestly think nuclear attack dreams are very common, atleast among people on this forum.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
aint there been nuclear threat in many season of the 24 series? if you like to watch it.. go figure what your mind does

that aside!

Not long ago, i too had a dream and it went like this.

Me and 2 of my good friends were in a video rental shop, suddently the whole building started to rumble and i thought it was a quake, like everyone else around me.

Then we got outside of the building to the street where we saw lots of people coming out of other buildings and then i saw it

blinding light in the corner of my eye, turned to see w t h... mushroomcloud! (i know you shouldnt look into a nuclear blast, but hey its MY dream
)

we hit the deck with my friends covering our heads with our hands, and the weird part in that situtation is my feelings :S i was down there shouting my friends "I told YA!! now its happening" while there was debris flying all over the streets. it was so.. extreme dream

thanks for reading

link   
I had a few dreams a few years back that involved me stepping over the bodies of a LOT of people lying in the streets....downtown Chicago...with flames all over the place......the same year I also dreamed that a plane flew into our top floor apartment and blew up......(this was LONG after 911)

I hope you're wrong about your dreams....I LOVE Chicago and would hate to see ANY city, much less THIS one, get destroyed......

link   
The only dreams that I have had of Nukes was a dream of me hugging a Nuke while it fell... Besides that I have had none.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
It could be just a dream because I have had nuclear war dreams in the past as well. Thankfully none of them came true lol. Who knows though. With the way this world is going now, I'm suprised were still here.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It is just crazy about the threat of nuclear war, I just hope we sent people into space that are still alive a while back creating a hope for the future of the human race. Just makes me sick that this threat was here for our parents and all we can do is prey of this horror not to happen... Craziness.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
ive had a very similar dream a few months ago.
in short i was walking down the street with a friend. and we saw a plane go by about a mile away, and it dropped a big bomb looking thing. and there was a big mushroom like blast. and we ran in the oppisite direction. then another blast happened where we were running. so we ran in the middle direction of the blasts. then when the blast hit us. i just remember all i could see was a huge orange light. and everything went black. but i was still aware. thinking and everything. and then i woke up with a "wtf" feeling.
and i wasnt reading or paying any interest in nuclear war or attacks at the time.

dreams can mean anything.
to me my dream felt more like a waking call. but im not an expert in this area. so yeah.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
As far as I can remember I've had a couple recuring dreams and I had them countless times and its always the same... The one that freaks me out literally I had it since childhood... and it goes as follow..

Its a nice warm summer night outside and I'm running on the sidewalk and all of a suddent I hear a weird sound and I look up and above me there's hundreds and hundreds (just like in the movie 300 when they fire the arrows at the end... i mean the sky is FULL of them ) little fireball travelling not that high and going across the river. As I got older I realised this was EXACTLY the same sight then the missile fired at night I was seeing on TV and accross the river is USA... This never really made sense to me because I HATE RUNNING!!! and I've always had a very good metabolism so I can eat pizza before going to bed and stick at 150lb... and at the time I was not very much of a nocturnal person at all....

From my perspective in the dream they come from across the Atlantic above New-Foundland and I-P-E and going across New-Brunswick to Maine

Only about a year ago I started working night shift... it messed my system and I gained about 30lb so now every night before going to work I go run a mile or two on the sidewalk... needless to say EVERY time I go I have this very weird spooky feeling...

Second one is recuring but not always the same scenario... often im downstairs others im on on porch outside, other times in in the kitchen but then all of a suddent there's a couple of white very intense flashed coming from different direction accross the river (US) I know due to the way the light get in the house from different windows that its from multiple places then I wake up.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by _R4t_]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
1st of all i live 30 miles south of downtown Chicago.

last night i had a very similar and very detailed dream where i was at an old friend's house and we heard of impending attacks so we went upstairs and outside (kinda like us crazy people in the mid-west do for tornadoes) to see what was happening. Soon after we got outside we saw a very large expanse of light and smoke from the south, very far away, so far that the explosion had to be be huge to see it from that distance. a couple seconds later we saw what looked like a missile hit Chicago. the fireball was massive and i even felt a very strong heat wave in my dream, which sent us fleeing to the basement of a a typical south side quad level home. when we got down there everyone appeared to have a very serious sunburn, which was very painful (i actually still felt sun burnt for a short time after waking up and i don't have any sunburn nor have i been in the sun). At that point the temperature in the basement, which had been very cool when we first got down there, start heating up very quickly and soon it felt like it was approaching 90 degree F. my best friend then walked up to me handing me a color chart which we compared to the sunburn and it indicated we had radiation poisoning, very bad radiation poisoning. i asked the old friend if she per chance had another level under the one we were standing on, which i knew there wasn't because quad level homes out here aren't built like that, they're only 2.5 stories tall with the levels terraced on opposing sides. at this point i was so terrified that i actually convinced myself this can't be reality and i woke myself out of a sound sleep.

i admit, i often have post-apocalyptic dreams, but this is the first time i had a dream of the actual event. most of my dreams are very vivid, but this one was particularly interesting in all the temperature sensations and the feeling of a massive sun burn that lasted even after i was awake. i hope i didn't bore anyone, i'm having trouble sleeping now because of this. i'm 33 years old, college educated and unemployed. about two weeks ago i had another terrifying dream where my dad called me and told me my mom passed away during a chemotherapy session, i woke up screaming "no" with tears in my eyes. i went almost 2 weeks with no sleep after that dream. i seriously need to go see a doctor for a xanax script, otherwise i'm never gonna sleep again.

I'd really appreciate if a few of you would respond to this as i want to discuss it more to get it off my chest and compare details. -thnx nate

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I live in Canada and have had two dreams this year of a nuclear attack. In both dreams, I am in bed and it is the middle of the night (in the dream). I wake up (in the dream) to dead silence, panicked, there is a flash in the distance and then a rush. The only thought I have before I wake up for real is that it is a nuclear bomb going off and that my son isn't with me (he's older and lives away). Then, I wake up for real, panicked and extremely sad. Maybe we're all just reacting to the state of events and threats in the paper about countries testing and arming themselves with nuclear weapons?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wolfwood290

I wake up (1) and see a brilliant flash of light (2) from outside my window (3). There is a loud rumbling sound in the distance (4) and I feel very panicked. (5) ok now the reason I have numbered the sections is down to an theory by Freud. Dreams are the only time the body allows the repressed to come out in the form of free thinking manifestations (dreams). The dreams themselves go so deep into the unselfconscious our minds can not cope with them because they are so terrifying and the state at which we dream is then transformed into less terrifying dreams or understanding. Over a long period of time humans have evolved and we have been channelled down a certain way of behaviour that the repression of the Id comes out in dreams and the ego and superego is what we carry out on a daily basis. So back to your dream Freud says that our brain processes dreams into 7 sections and it is these sections that you must analysise but the problem is you can only remember 7. Then you get into the repressed state that your body cant handle. I would suggest freud interpretation of dreams, dont let anyone guess your dream only you have the answer. Goodluck

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
it most likely your biggest fear
and all the threads on here cant be helping

just an idea

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayXBraun
it most likely your biggest fear
and all the threads on here cant be helping

just an idea

Or maybe the recent release of Fallout New Vegas?

new topics

top topics

join