It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO or ISS ? I filmed last night above Kent Uk 10:15pm SOLVED BY PHAGE , Thanks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Okay. What I saw was the ISS, time of observation matches within two minutes of what they list on heavens above. The direction of travel and azimuth was a match also.
I guess they added a lot of modules to ISS since the last time I saw it several years ago,, it looked a lot bigger. I guess that could be because of the amount of reflection I was seeing vs the first sighting.

Oh well, thanks to all.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Just makes you wonder now, how many sightings actually are just the ISS and other satellites. Probably a great deal.

Now I'm no expert by any means but I had seen the ISS before and yet I was convinced what I saw last night wasn't the ISS.

It's good to know however, that if I do see anything similar again I can check whether it's the ISS using that very useful website.

Thanks all!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by fanthorpe

It does make you wonder, but I suspected that what I was looking at was a satellite of some sort, due to the fact that it traveled in a straight line and did dim out as traveled towards the NNE.
If it had did any kind of maneuvers, my camera would have been out, taking pics.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Thank you you so so much for solving this for me. I was about to do a thread on this but thought I'd better check first. Me and my other half were scratching our heads as to what it was. We figured it was a satellite of some sort, it just seemed too bright (as bright as Venus) from the normal satellite's we'd observed. He initially thought it was a plane but I pointed out there was no usual blinky lights.

Spotted it yesterday and today (5/5/2010 and 6/5/2010) at 22.40ish and 21.25ish respectively heading across Canterbury, Kent.

Nice one on getting a video of it, my phone's camera is too poo to take anything decent

- Phoenix

Edit: Just checked heavens-above for Canterbury and it pretty much matches with the times we saw. Another yummy website to add to faves
Thank you Phage

[edit on 6-5-2010 by phoenix_zephyr]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenix_zephyr

I am up the road in the Bay and it seems that we are often directly underneath its flightpath which is great for us

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join