It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If: We are the Ancients

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
To start let me say this little thread is not based on anything factual. its just one of those "WHAT IF" games... something to have fun with and let your imaginations run wild...

So here's the what if...

What if there was no intelligent race before us!
What if we are the first to become self-aware?
What if it is our destiny to spread intelligent life to the rest of the galaxy , the universe?
What if all the great works in science fiction are our future selves...
What if a Gazillion years from now some future, something, unearths some relic and it is from us... the Ancients?

With that in mind, what happens next?

Edit to clarify...

How do we get from where we are now to being the Ancients?

[edit on 5-5-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

How do we get from where we are now to being the Ancients?

I would assume by comming upon some type of advanced tech. that would allow time travel. And we would be universal roamers trying to modify the past to prevent full fledge space living in the current. lol nice thought!!!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Explanation: The relic would undoubtably be discussed by our far future decendants on some futuristic ATS forum ect!

It would be totally debunked as being some grand HOAX in some weird New Universal Order scheme cooked up by TPTB!

Personal Disclosure: What happens next is to get a better relic!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Even if we never achieve some super advanced tech. we are close to being able to build a vast city ship and casting ourselves into space knowing it might take dozens of generations to reach another habitable planet... maybe those great, great great...etc... grand-kids choose never to land but keep building more and more city ships??? Slowly moving from place to place, only making quick visits to explore before moving on???

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

think of it this way... What if your great grandmother found your cell phone back when she was a little girl?
would she know what it was? with no other cellphones she couldn't use it and probably wouldn't understand the text message function... she might keep it until the battery died or might use it as a skipping stone in the local river... what if you sent an I-pod back in time and gave it to the Puritans??? they would probably yell witchcraft and burn it...

No one said it has to be a huge relic...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
indeed we are ancient and origin of time

still we can move forward within it

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I like what if games!

What if we are the people who built the pyramids. What if we are continually trapped in a cycle until we are able to break out of it, repeating the cycle over and over again with the opportunity for choice, and the exploration of possibility to change and mold the version of the existence we are trapped in.

What if we are under the spell of language and symbols unable to completely become aware of true selves, what if we are all under a forgetting spell that makes us forget our past lives until we reach deep into the abyss and find them!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I have wondered about the same thing. Is time cyclical ?
Are we living in Ancient Atlantis....Lemeria ?

Or are we just experiencing the similar themes, repeating patterns, in the rise and fall of great civilizations. Once the kings have all the gold & all the resources of earth, they don't need the masses of people anymore.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I actually have never thought of that

top topics

join