It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help tracking down a song!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Ok so I need help tracking down a Canned Heat song that they played at woodstock. So far I have only heard on version of the song on youtube and its been deleted since then. Now I cant find it anywhere and it is a gem of a song, really one of the best songs I have ever heard. So if you can help me find a copy of it I will be forever grateful!

Anyways the song is called:
"I know my baby"
The band as I have already said is Canned Heat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
seems that song is hard to find. looks like it wasn't recorded on any album, it never made it onto the woodstock soundtracks and the video was removed by youtube.

some info:

"I know My Baby" resembles John Lee Hooker's "Rollin' Blues" which again is a version of the Blues traditional "Rollin' and Tumblin'" [2]. Canned Heat recorded their version of "Rollin' and Tumblin'" (which has hardly any similarities to "I Know My Baby") on their first self-titled album from 1967. They also recorded and performed with Hooker so it is not unusual that they played one of "his" songs at the festival.

woodstock.wikia.com...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

It is extremely hard to find, however I am not very internet savvy so Im hopeful that there are places Im not looking and that someone on here will be able to help me out.

The strange thing about the song is that, like you said, it never made it to any major soundtrack or recording. However I have heard a recorded version of it, it must have been a bootleg or something to the effect.

Its such a good song it would be like finding aztec gold to me. It is a rare treasure.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'd venture a guess and say that it could be found on a limewire type file sharing program.

another alternative is to hit the band's website and either send an email to them or hit their forums up, if they have them. you might find the song that way.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It's out there.
I found it easy enough.

It's 6 minutes 17 seconds and over 15 megs at 320 kbit

Payload Size: 15101911 bytes
Header found at: 259 bytes
Length: 378 seconds
MPEG-1 layer 3
320kbit, approx. 1806 frames
44100Hz Joint Stereo

I Know My Baby (She Can jump And Shout)
Canned Heat
Woodstock Festival '69
Track #31

Not a bad tune...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Thats great you've found it!

Mind letting me know where i might be able to find it, as I have said before Im not too savvy with the internet.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by caballero

I found it using run-of-the-mill file sharing software:

www.emule-project.net...
www.limewire.com...

Try installing one and running a search.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Gools im trying so hard to find this thing on my own, but i keep running into dead ends. I have searched on limewire, Canned heat fan sites and alan wilson fan sites, and still nothing.

What did you type into the search bar when you found it?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The file won't transfer in Gmail.

Is this indeed what you are looking for?

media.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join