It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are elements such as electricity dark matter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It is said that when dark matter comes into contact with actual matter, there's a violent chemical reaction which causes both forces to detonate like a bomb. Is that not high amounts of electricity? That getting electrocuted in the electric chair was just getting hit by dark matter? And small enough amounts of electricity surging through our body allows us to potentially survive, we can survive less drastic 'doses' of it, letting us survive.

Could mind altering substances be another? But a less fatal encounter with dark matter, causing a weird poisoning effect in the body and thus altering our perspective? Consuming mass amounts of time in our lives and essential beings?

And of course, don't forgot the internet and technology boom, but mainly the internets which we all connect like minds hooking up into a giant hamster cage? Where we can literally immediately transfer and attain knowledge of any sort? Wikipedia, an encyclopedia of an expending human knowledge? Could these not be simply different surges through our body? Creating a different effect altogether? Perhaps even a beneficial effect on humanity itself? The so called singularity that is currently happening could be the answer, perhaps going through these currents we are constantly creating more advanced technology with the passing of each generation?

Think about it.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I highly recommend that you take 5 minutes to go outside, breathe some fresh air, and reflect on how little you must know about the world.

Then, come inside, go onto Wikipedia, and look up first "electricity" and then "dark matter". After having read both articles, come back to ATS and post in this thread apologizing for wasting everyone's time with trivial uneducated and barely thought out nonsense.

Do this now.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Dark matter=anti matter in this scenario.

Also, it's just speculative thinking.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42
Dark matter=anti matter in this scenario.

Also, it's just speculative thinking.

But dark matter and anti-matter aren't the same thing at all!

It's not speculative, it's just wrong!

You need to THINK about and RESEARCH stuff like this before you post it. It's one thing to come up with a novel new theory based on actual evidence, it's quite another to just spout random crap based on nothing other than redefinitions of terms and wild imagination. I mean, c'mon dude!

I like that you're thinking, I do! But HAMMER IT OUT before you try to share it. Right now all you have is random unsubstantiated speculation, and ATS is simply not the place for this sort of thing. If you think you're on to something, do some research, read up on the topics in questions, and present a sourced and insightful thread. Until you're ready to do that, DON'T start a thread about it. Please. There are simply too many of these kinds of threads.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Sorry I had to flag this it's way to funny of a thread.

Science and technology wow that was just breath taking incite!

I agree with redbird it need a little work.

As for dark matter that's still a unproven fact or just fiction.

As for actual matter well that is still debatable .

Electricity well the electric universe is a interesting topic, do you know how much power it takes to generate this physical universe that we live in.

For all things are made of energy and that energy is created from some where, now that would be something to see.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42
It is said that when [[[blah]]] matter comes into contact with actual matter, there's a violent chemical reaction which causes both forces to detonate like a bomb. Is that not high amounts of electricity?

I'm going to assume I never saw the post that said dark matter = anti matter (that's just plain wrong) and try to clear some things up for the case when [[[blah]]] = anti, and [[[blah]]] = dark.

1- Antimatter:
When antimatter comes into contact with matter, bot antimatter and matter are anihilated. Now I don't know if it can be called an explosion, but what really happens is that all particles are turned into photons (light). Light is not electricity, but it is an electromagnetic wave, meaning that it can cause electric flow somewhere given the right conditions.

2- Dark Matter:
We haven't confirmed the existence of dark matter, however it has been suggested that it exists. Since we have never seen dark matter interacting (by means other that gravity) with regular matter, we don't know what happens when this interaction occurs. Perhaps there is an explosion, perhaps there is electricity, perhaps both, or perhaps nothing happens.

Hope this clears out some concepts, everything else you said I won't touch since the nature of the word perhaps really opens the door to all possibilities you mentioned, yet in my own opinion those possibilities are not very likely.

top topics

join