It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK GENERAL ELECTION - Your predictions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk...

A lot of Conservative back bencher's are having hissy fits over Camerons decision on the Lisbon Treaty. The Con's are split with Lisbon but at the moment Cameron leads them and will quell any euro skepticism from anyone.

He won't give the nation a chance to decide whether our future is with Europe or not.

It is a sad day for democracy as William Hague put it.

It's an even sadder day for me voting for the other end of the stick.

Thanks for the reply blupblup. Happy voting

P.S. I don't blame you for not voting 'Dave', he seems very slimy. Especially with his shiny forehead lol.

[edit on 11232009 by RWM88]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The British electorate actually behave just as if they have one collective intelligence and figure out how to distribute their votes to get what they want.

This, I believe is what they want...

- They want Gordy and his cronies OUT
- They don't want a new Tony Blair though.
- They also want to punish the guys who have had their hands in the till.

So this is the result I expect...

- The Tories scraping home with a majority of 4 or 5 ensuring that natural wastage through death will allow the electorate to boot them in a year or two and force Cameron to stay close to what he has suggested. In short, they will give Dave his victory but he will have to have sweated blood for it and will have to continue to do so to stay in power.
- Labour trashed, maybe into third place.
- Huge numbers of top names booted. I actually would not be surprised if folk like George Osborne, and much of the Tory front bench went down with Labour to the Lib Dems, all those in short who had their hands in the till.
- A fat vote for PLaid Cymru to ensure that English Dave does not walk all over Wales.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Well said airvicemarshal
We have an opportunity to punish those who have betrayed us. I sincerely hope people haven't forgotten this and punish them accordingly and vote for another party. But somehow I doubt they will.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by kindred]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RWM88

The uk is part of europe whether you and others like it or not. Does things really change that much as we move the bureaucrats to brussels, from westminster, i doubt it.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I dont know... Labour may get it in a surprise swing...

Im hearing a "Better the devil you know" line being thrown about alot today....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
I think the Tories will get the biggest vote but not necessarily the largest no of seats, Lab and Lib Dem will cooperate to form a govt whose main purpose is to push through a form of PR and maintain the status quo in other depts.

This will result in a new election in about a year under the new PR system hopefully then there will be a Liberal welfare state social libertarian party I can vote for, failing that Green.

Oh God, if only it were true, but I think you're tripping. We will NEVER get PR in the UK. It's just too damn democratic and a two party system is sooooo much easier to control.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

The EU President and EU Commission create EU laws, MEP's only approve or not if the laws are passed. We don't vote for people who create the law of the land. You want to be apart of that?

I would love to be apart of the EU if it was more democratic and the EU President and EU Commission was directly appointed and voted for by the people, but they are not at the moment.

If I vote for someone to be Prime Minister, I actually want to know they have the power to fulfill the majority of their aspirations in their manifesto that isn't subject to change if a few people change their minds in Brussels or not.

I'd actually vote Labour IF they didn't break their promise on a referendum.
Instead I have to protest vote for back bench conservatives under UKIP just through principle.

Cloudy days.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Hi i dont live in the UK but...i would ask...which one will make the nanny state even worse then it is today?

You guys over in the UK have it pretty bad...i know how you rag on us americans and mock the term "land of the free" which i've always found pretty funny...what with you guys having cameras on every street corner.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I despise the Tories with a passion and will never vote for them.

I bought into the Blair dream and feel so let down by them.

Lib-Dems. Too wishy-washy, but they do have Vince Cable...and it would be a complete wasted vote in my constituency.

UKIP - Tories.

BNP - No.

Still don't know who I'm voting for.

I think Labour may just retain it's seat in my constituency.

Conservatives will probably get most seats but not enough for an overall majority and some sort of Labour - LibDem deal will be done.

Within 18months we will be at the polls again.

And...........I mean this

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tauempire

Sorry for the long response, I had to do a risk assessment before I replied to you

Apart of it started with the EU's H+S at work act BUT it started out as a good thing, then people started to think along the lines of making business out of H+S.

It's just ridiculous the sheer amount of paper work dumped in to industry today in the name of safety.

Pfft...don't get us started on CCTV and Speed Camera's. CCTV's have sprung up all over the place since Labour got in. Don't get me wrong I do like Labour but it's ridiculous.

Labour also brought about the DNA database.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I predict that we will have four years of hell to come unless of course you are that 10% of the population. Austerity rules. I voted for the lib dems as it is my democratic right to vote but they don't have a chance where I live.

Wot a shambles!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5 Im gonna make my vote later on the school run, i firmly believe libdem is the party of common sense, but they dont have any chance where i live (theyd vote in a donkey if it was wearing a red tie) so il probably vote labour, however if those people who had even the slightist leaning towards the middle actually voted lib maybe their popularity would increase over the coming years, people consider a vote for the liberals as a wasted vote, but surely it has to start somewhere.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Wopuld be best for a HUNG parliment. Bankrupt the country, have electoral reform, Bring on the EU super State and the NWO.

Takes a bow and leaves centre stage.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rizla Funny you should mention that, Prop rep was the first thing my father taught me about politics, hes always been other a liberal or plaid cymru voter, and it still to me makes SO MUCH SENSE, i dont think itll ever be introduced to britain either. By the way i think Joanna Lumley or Jamie Oliver should be Prime Minister, because, why the hell not.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

My prediction;
Conservatives with an overall majority, but a smaller one than suggested in the OP.
Labour struggling to retain second-party status.
The number of successful "local" independents larger than the number of successful BNP candidates.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by DISRAELI]

Sounds about right, except for maybe the last part. The two party system really is a robust form of maintaining control.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by IanC99000310
Libral Democrats may win....

Parliment will be hung and we will see election reform. We will go back to the polls in November and we may have a propotianal Governance, this will speed up our journey into Europe.

Much as I would like it to be true, you, sir, are on the happy juice.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
The two party system really is a robust form of maintaining control.

So true, its amazing how we all get caught up in this, if its not them, its us and vice versa.

The dual system they have really works so well to fool people doesn't it.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well that's it, deed is done...my completely useless participation in the farcical process we call democracy is completed.

After what seems an eternity of debate, consideration, contemplation and at times a certain amount of mental constipation I have cast my vote.

As some of you may know I have been at a complete loss as to who to put my immaterial X next to.

Being a serious student of politics I eventually decided to use an ancient tried, tested and proven method of selection.

I obtained my ballot paper and carefully folded it in half length wise.
I had taken particular caution to make sure that I didn't note which candidate was where on the ballet paper.
I looked at my folded ballot paper and noted a number of empty boxes.
It was then that I incanted the ancient words and followed the famous process...mentally I went throught it.....
Eenie, meenie, minie, mo...etc.
My only predicament was which way to go....down and then back up or down and then back to the top of the list again and repeat the procedure.

Of course this method is normally used by the ignorant and uninformed and it guarantees to voter the perfect disclaimer of 'don't blame me, I haven't got a clue who I voted for, but I did vote'.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by RWM88

Not true, The Tories are Euro Skeptic and Cameron has said that if he's prime-minister, then we will not join the eurozone.

So UKIP are not the only party who are Euro Skeptics...

Cameroon will continue the policy of economic migrant immigration because it is good for the rich. On the recent TV debate, 'all' 3 parties said they couldn't stop the immigration because we are part of Europe now.

This is BS.

Only Sweden, Ireland and the UK allow unlimited immigration. The other countries have opted out. So 'all' 3 parties are telling the same lie. Interesting...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
No offense, but the level naivete astounds me.

No way will the Lib-Dems win. Are you crazy? Never.

TPTB will NEVER allow PR. Never. The FPTP system is far easier to control.

The only options are:

1. Tory majority.
2. Tories win but fail to get a majority.

Either way, prepare for more of the same old BS, more cuts and more cash for the bankers / rich.

The only way to stop this hideous cycle is to revolt and smash parliament. But it will never happen because now TPTB control the media, the debate and people's minds.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join