It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Demonizing of The Tea Party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
According to The Nation columnist, Robert Dreyfuss,
www.thenation.com...
“the perpetrator of the bungled Times Square bomb plot was either a lone nut job or a member of some squirrely(sic) branch of the Tea Party, anti-government far right.”
This was reiterated by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg on CBS News, with Katie Couric. Bloomberg states,” If I had to guess 25 cents, this would be exactly that, somebody who’s homegrown, maybe a mentally deranged person or someone with a political agenda that doesn’t like the health care bill…”
www.cbsnews.com...

Why would someone be worried about a peaceful truth movement, to spread conjecture and disinformation? Perhaps if were a last ditch effort to save their failing agenda?
PS
I would think that such an esteemed editor would invest in a spell checker. Grammatical errors in a professional editorial detract from the credibility of the author.
IMHO

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well it's come out now that the guy was a Muslim. Which completely just shot that all to hell.

So I guess Bloomberg lost 25 cents. Besides why would a home grown domestic terrorist want to blow up Viacom? That doesn't really make any sense. I think the funniest part of the whole deal is that all these news outlets keep losing customers and they haven't figured out why yet.

Small correction:

alleged Muslim.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Light of Night]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I also found it interesting that Mr Bloomberg states," If I had to guess 25 cents..."
I'm not sure I know what this means. Was he so caught up in his own moment, that this seasoned politician misspoke? Or is this the new politically correct way of saying the word bet, or wager?

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Violater1]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Probably the new politically correct way of saying "bet". Besides what is .25 cents for him? Isn't he a billionaire? Why would he even say a price so small? Does he not want to offend anybody or something?

Bunch of bull malarkey. I'm not pro Tea Party or anti-Tea party, but the agenda driven media is doing everything they can to paint them as crazies and it isn't working.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Light of Night

I agree, he wastes more money scratching his nose, than his $0.25 bet.
All the villainizing of the Tea party by the MSM and TPTB is just drawing more and more attention to them.

new topics

top topics

join