It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we stopped evolving

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Has the human race stopped evolving is it just technology that evolves these days whats your views?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I didn't know we could stop evolving?

So no in my opinion we have not stopped evolving, in fact we are indeed evolving each and everyday whether we like it or not.

I'm curious what led you to believe or questionthis though so please what are your views on the subject?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Evolution is still at work on all organisms, including us. Right now there is no dyer need for human beings to change physically as the weather has not drastically changed and such to the point where adaptations in that form are needed. However, each and every human being works towards or against evolution. If we have slowed down it's because we rely more on our devices rather than our physical bodies nowadays. In fact, if you pay alot of attention, it's not just humans who appear not to be evolving(but as I said appearances are deceiving), most other animals are that way. The only thing that evolves so rapidly that it would be easily noticeable is viruses and bacteria of sorts because the more we fight against them, the more they adapt.

So, rest assured that we have not stopped evolving, we just aren't evolving rapidly because first of all we don't work that way and second of all, there is no real demand for it, which means evolution isn't working overtime if you know what I mean.

The Protector

[edit on 4-5-2010 by The Protector]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
ok so where evolving to the technology we create ?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The Protector

ok good point should thought about about question abit thanks

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bobski

You cannot witness evolution, within your own species. (Even we 'smart' Humans)

Evolution occurs too gradually, over many, many multiple generations of the species, as IT (the species) procreates.

It is only by looking backwards, at historic trends, and using scientific tools, that any evolutionary trends can be inferred.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BUT, having said that....it IS an interesting concept, the influence of technology on HOW we will develop, in future. MANY science fiction stories have dealt with that topic.

Still, same 'perspective' of time, applies, in terms of how to "predict" any effects....

[edit on 4 May 2010 by weedwhacker]

top topics

join