It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bond Conditions for Hutaree?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Some conditions are easy to understand. But others seem a bit like they are being released on bond to become informants. I mean, if you are to have no contact with other militia members of other militias, then how would you provide contact information? Would working out be considered militia or paramilitary training? And if the condition of bond is house arrest with electronic monitoring, then why the travel restrictions? Passport surrendering isn't going to make a border-crossing harder.

source

Bond conditions
A federal judge set more than two dozen bond conditions for the release of Hutaree militia members. Among them:
• Home detention with electronic monitoring and curfew
• Surrender concealed weapons licenses
• No guns, ammunition, explosives or other dangerous weapons
• No contact with codefendants, witnesses, convicted felons, or Hutaree or other militia members
• No militia or paramilitary training
• No alcohol or illegal drugs
• Report weekly to probation officers
• Provide lists of names, addresses and phone numbers for all Hutaree members, or any other militia members they associate with
• Provide phone records to probation officers as directed
• No police scanners
• Maintain employment
• Restrict travel to eastern Michigan for Michigan defendants
• Surrender passports
• No computer or Internet for David Stone and his wife, Tina. Joshua Clough must shut down Hutaree Web site.
Source: U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I found a lot of it to be a fishing expedition.

Provide names and addresses of all militia members they know.

Sounds a lot like fascism to me. Hey, we will give you a bond which is afforded you, but to do that we want a list of all your acquaintances.

Surrender all ccw licenses?

Probation Officers?

I do not know case law, sounds an awful lot like guilty until proven innocent. Now, I wonder if they have waived there rights to a speedy trial. That is one of the tricks of the government. They could drag this thing out for years and in essence it convicts them with all the bond requirements without even being convicted.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Yuppers. Either way they gottem.

Theyll either talk and or be free, or remain silent and do some time.

Regardless, if and when TPTB want you, theyll get you...

join