It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if the world ends tomorrow have we

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If the world ends tomorrow have we the human race done anything to be proud apart from over populate and destroy a beautiful planet we call home. we have lost are connection with nature and now where just punishing it but it can punish us too and probably will.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
first of all S & F for you.

i like the question you asked and i'm affraid to say who really haven't got anything to be proud of, at least there's nothing i can think of right now.

ATS help!

someone needs to prove somehow the human race isn't a waste of air.

allthough i think african tribes and the like have a very respectfull and proud way of living, allthough they haven't got much.
they're still in touch with nature and their surroundings, that INCLUDES fellow humans
, unlike most of the world's populace.

once again, great question

ps/ i hope this earth goes to some type of 'clensing' proces, because we're destorying mother earth indeed!

[edit on 4-5-2010 by kn0wh0w]

[edit on 4-5-2010 by kn0wh0w]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Thanks for reply this is my first thread thought it would be good topic to start with .

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Humans are only children crawling along taking their first steps.. in time we will stop destroying our enviroment as a child learns not to put it's fingers in a fire..

we have the same capacity of a child to kill ourselves with our stupidity, I hope we don't..

In time, once we get out of this destructive phase, we will be able to create other earths.. won't mother earth be proud, we love her so much we'll create planets in her image..

As for pride right now, I am sure she is as frustrated as any mother.. but we have great beauty in our works of art and our music.. which I for one are really proud of

Lets hope we outgrow the destructive phase

edit as my brain is not working

[edit on 4/5/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
the earth can be just as forgiving as well, just be proud to have seen it as it is, sure it changes with the times, sometimes for the better other times for worse.
how better off would it really be if we all still lived in a grass hut society, there would still be the rape of the land and it's resources, maybe even more so than what is taken today.
the connection with nature is still around, so not all is lost.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You just can't blame everybody. Many, many, many of us haven't done a single thing to cause the Earth's problems...the greed, the power mongers, the lust for power and absolute power, the crime, the violence, the hatred, the predjudice, etc. I remember having to go to office meetings where everyone got chewed out for one thing and another, but I knew in my heart I had nothing to do with any of it. It made my heart ache, and was not good for my morale. What about all the common people just like me who have grown Spiritualy and every way you can imagine in this lifetime, only to be forced to share the blame for this crap? I accept no blame for the condition the Earth is in now, and I am not one of the damn sheeple talked about here on ATS. Speak for yourselves.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I dont know, but how can we do anything special if we dont even know why we are here and how we came here...etc etc... since we dont know that, we are tryin to survive and discover undiscovered.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
eah we might not have done anything to cause it but we havnt done anything to prevent it either. do you really think we are still children ? where the controling body on this planet and should act like it .

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shammael
I dont know, but how can we do anything special if we dont even know why we are here and how we came here...etc etc... since we dont know that, we are tryin to survive and discover undiscovered.
but how are we trying to survive by destroying our home doesnt make sence.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
we also still need the food, the shelter, transport and many other industry, and commercial needs to survive here as well.
it's a give and take situation, how else can we succeed or move ahead to something that might become less enduring for us or the planet.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Sadly, you are right.
I believe tho that if we wait some years (i.e. 100-500) that link between human and nature could be re-made. I think the best representation of this is the movie "Avatar" of how we are disconnected from our real destiny or knowledge which is planet earth.

Thanks for posting this, makes us think!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
evolution is part of life and its great but you still have to look after your home you dont crap on your own doorstep and im affraid to say we be doing that for thee last 70 years or so .

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
avatar is a prime example of what we would do to another world try to wipe out the beings on it for our own means ive lost hope in most people . life as become so big for people they dont have time for anything else.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think this is a question that should be taken on the individual basis....have you or I done something we can be proud of if the world ended tomorrow.....

As a species I feel we are forced to adapt to the world we live in and can only be the best person we can be for our selfs....if you respect nature and our planet then you should bue proud because you are among a limited few.

As far as humanity is concerned I feel as if we were all lead to the kind of existence we live. The native Americans lived in tune with nature until the Europeans came. So should we not be proud of all the amazing feats accomplished by our species in the past....

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
why do we always look to the past to find something good .

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Humanity has achieved many great things. Arts, music, sports, understanding how life and the universe works (to a degree), architecture, some of which remain here after thousands of years, and modern buildings now could be just as mysterious to the future generations as the pyramids are to us now.

There are people who are tring to save the planet, trying to repair the damage done, trying to find new ways to do things. For all the species of life that go extinct (naturally as well as down to us), there are species we SAVE from extinction.

So yes there are definitely things we as a race should be proud of.

The human race is not all negative. Why does everyone insist on only seeing the bad in everything, when there is a lot of good out there.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

ps/ i hope this earth goes to some type of 'clensing' proces, because we're destorying mother earth indeed!

If you feel the need to cleanse the earth, which will result in the deaths of countless people, then maybe you should start by sacrificing yourself for the cause.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

too little too late the sacrifice of one person wouldn't out do the faults of many

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobski
reply to post by Firefly_

too little too late the sacrifice of one person wouldn't out do the faults of many

True but people who believe in wiping us out, or advocate population control, disgust me. If they truly believe it then they should set an example.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It's a lose/lose situation in a sense. Millions of people starve to death annually, but at the same time food suppliers get blamed for raping the earth, destroying the environment, etc. Do we just force them to stop and let possibly billions of people starve to death? Is that any better than those who claim the Governments are evil for forcing population control? You have to look at the economies of scale involved. It takes A LOT of resources to feed several billion people. It will take a LONG time to fix what has been damaged.

And thats just one of many issues involved. We also have to now contend with the energy requirements to feed, shelter, clothe, bathe, etc. all these people.

I truly believe there are many wonderful things the human race has done and is doing. Most people don't want to intentionally hurt and destroy the earth, but the reality is that we have to do something. And we may stumble through the process and cause a lot of damage, but I think in time we are smart enough to get the balance right and move forward in a more compassionate and resourceful way. I hope at least.

Agreed, many people in charge don't care and do negative things knowing full well the outcome. Those are the ones we need to worry about. The majority of the world is just trying to survive and have some joy and happiness along the way.

We don't have all the answers and probably never will. All we can do is try.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join