It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA plays down "life on Mars" tabloid claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

NASA has stated that recent tabloid headlines claiming life has been found on Mars are "positively false".

Despite recent media reports that NASA found evidence for life on Mars, the U.S. space agency says proof that we are not alone is still a ways off.

"This headline is extremely misleading," said Dwayne Brown, a spokesman for NASA based at the agency's headquarters in Washington, D.C. "This makes it sound like we announced that we found life on Mars, and that is absolutely, positively false."

when can we expect a straight answer from NASA?

www.space.com...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracydude

when can we expect a straight answer from NASA?

stating the question like this allready indicates you think NASA is lying.
i yet have to see evidence of life on mars or elsewhere for that matter.
maybe i missed something, if that´s the case, plz enlighten me

ps/ my opinion is that NASA is pretty honest here.
i think it's more reasonable that a SUN reporter overblow a headline for some sales and attention, then state that NASA is blatantly lying here.
(except wouldn't be the first time though
)

[edit on 4-5-2010 by kn0wh0w]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracydude

wasn't that a tv series?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What means "POSITIVELY FALSE"?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Of coarse I think they're lying. The Vatican will admit et life before they do.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antor
What means "POSITIVELY FALSE"?

It means "we know the true answer, but will not directly tell you".

It's the way of our 'figures of authority' in this world: be as prolixious as possible.

Peace

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It is very obvious that at NASA the right hand did not realize the left hand was a malignant liar.

The NASA Mars meteorite research team came out with: "We feel more confident than ever that Mars probably once was, and maybe still is, home to life," team leader David McKay said at a NASA-sponsored conference on astrobiology.

Then the malignant liars at the top do a not so fast...damn the science, you can't say that thing about life on Mars.

Government agencies from the White House down..Liars..Cheats..Thieves.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
with all the evidence I say there must be life on mars.
the mars meteor . the meathain the oxgan in the air the 70des landers taht had experments desined to decet life 28 different 27 came back postive.
and all this is a good thing because at the rate humanity is going mars will be the ONLY planet with life soon

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracydude

Because NASA won't be the agency making the announcement, simply put.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
It is very obvious that at NASA the right hand did not realize the left hand was a malignant liar.

The NASA Mars meteorite research team came out with: "We feel more confident than ever that Mars probably once was, and maybe still is, home to life," team leader David McKay said at a NASA-sponsored conference on astrobiology.

Then the malignant liars at the top do a not so fast...damn the science, you can't say that thing about life on Mars.

Government agencies from the White House down..Liars..Cheats..Thieves.

JFK stated even the scientific community is a part of the secret society controlling our government. The only scientific community I know that JFK warned us about would probably be NASA.

I trust them as far as I could throw them.

new topics

top topics

join