It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina Sheriff Accused of Dealing Drugs From Police SUV

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

South Carolina Sheriff Accused of Dealing Drugs From Police SUV

www.foxnews.com

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- A South Carolina sheriff dealt drugs from his police SUV and when state and federal agents gave him a list of possible drug dealers in his county, he immediately started calling to tip them off or extort money to get them off the list, according to the FBI.

The FBI tapped then-Lee County Sheriff E.J. Melvin's phone starting in March, and caught him saying he was going to arrange for a traffic stop on a drug dealer, take some of the coc aine he expected to find for himself and use the rest as evidence, according to a sworn statement from an FBI agent released Monday.

Mel
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Here we go again. This is just getting crazy with the cops getting in trouble. Selling drugs out of his patrol vehicle! How long did he think that was going to go on before someone turned him in?

Just seems to me there is no fear and/or respect for the law-from either side of it. Hats off to the Feds and others who caught this guy and his buddies.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I really hope this guy goes to prison, the same prison that the people he put away are in. I would love to hear about a stabbing in that prison.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
When I was in high school many years ago, I saw this very same activity.

It was local city police though. They would practically run the drug game up front.

There are so many weird ways they would run the game, buying selling confiscating extorting blackmailing etc etc.

You name it, they were doing it.

Oh and the Drug Task Force, omg, don't get me started...

I have seen it with my own eyes. It's real. And it's widespread, Obviously.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Kinda hard to keep your county drug free when your sheriff is the top dealer

Any LEO that is convicted of a crime should automatically be sentenced to twice the maxium amount of time that a civilian would be sentenced to.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Maybe he can get a job at the Cocaine Import Agency.

/sarcasm off.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

LOL I just got that. A little slow this morning.

Yes, maybe he can graduate up to the CIA Drug Running Arm of the Operation. Hadn't thought of it like that.

This is just so wrong on so many levels. Maybe it is time to give cops STIFFER penalities if they engagae/caught in activing they are suppose to be guarding socitey against. hmmmm. Not to mentin a good Tar & Feathering-especially in Drug and Child sex cases. If you can't trust the cops....

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It certainly gives:

"To protect and serve." a new meaning, doesn't it?

Not only does he need to be in jail, he needs to reimburse tax payers for the salary he earned while working 2 jobs!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Hahaha brilliant!!!

Look out for the cops, man!!! (they got the best stuff!!!!)

I recall as a kid (about 16) was picked up with some mates for ot much really. Taken to John Vorster police station, and left there.

After about an hour we figured nobody will notice if we left. On the way out, some guy calls us over, asks if we want some. This was in the front area of the biggest (and most notorious) cop shop in the country.

Best damn weed i ever did buy, kept us warm the whole way back across town!! (we had to walk back)

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
When I was in high school many years ago, I saw this very same activity.

It was local city police though. They would practically run the drug game up front.

There are so many weird ways they would run the game, buying selling confiscating extorting blackmailing etc etc.

You name it, they were doing it.

Oh and the Drug Task Force, omg, don't get me started...

I have seen it with my own eyes. It's real. And it's widespread, Obviously.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by muzzleflash]

This sounds like my hometown. We are called the "Crossroads of West Texas" for a reason. If you buy drugs anywhere in Oklahoma, N. Mexico, Colorado, etc, it came through my hometown.

I have seen Drug Task Force agents busted and then moved to federal protection to keep the Mafia from killing them. I also remember that guys successor being found dead in a pile of coke in a small shack out in Marfa. He had a bullet in the back of his head.

ETA: There was a big war about a year ago. The Latin Kings tried to move into the area and set up shop. They started doing battle with the main family, and several people died. The problem they had was the cops "own" the main drug family and that made it really hard for the Latin Kings. I was running a call center at the time, and had members of both groups working for me. Talk about tension.

Lot of people i knew got mixed up in that crap and ruined their lives. People i grew up with, or their little brothers/sisters.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
What a surprise! A cop dealing drugs! Stop the presses!

It happens all the time, all around the US.

And it's not just corrupt cops, it's also the FBI and CIA.

Who do you thinks brings in the drugs? Mexicans?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
A friend of mine several years ago used to deal small time. He got pulled over by a cop. Had tons of pills on him.

My friend didn't get arrested, instead the cop just took all of the drugs and sent him on his way.

And people think they just destroy the drugs afterwords? That's funny.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Many cops have made lots of money here on the border to Mexico. They retire when they catch and sell a big load of drugs. Sometimes they just take the money going into Mexico. The dealers don't complain. They just take it as part of the business. We like to pretend that our cops are less corrupt than the Mexican ones.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Alleged dopeman/deputy E.J. Melvin also prominently featured in this link, about some Lizard Man [cryptozoologists and ACLU'ers, UNITE!] muckin' around in South Carolina.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/872e51e182ce20c3.jpg[/atsimg]

Melvin's the guy with the gold watch.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'm not suprised. This kind of thing happens everywhere. Police officers have just as much of a likelihood of being or becoming criminals. In fact I think it is more likely since many of them seem to think they are above the law.

This is not all mind you, but dirty cops certainly give them all a bad name.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by DaMod]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
Melvin's the guy with the gold watch.

ROFLMAO!!!

That is the most brilliant thing i've heard all day! Not even sarcastic., just brilliant, and helpful too!

thank you!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

Man that cracked me up too, good find.

Especially the Tom Biscardi involvement, the great big foot body in a freezer hoax.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Grey Magic]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
With all the stories I see about bad cops etc (almost daily it seems) maybe we can get ATS to have a dedicated thread to it? I think it would be always busy with activity such as this story and a lot more (sad) stuff.

Time to put the big lamp on them-and keep them honest. And I think we should treat them harsher than the criminals-more of keeping them honest.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
S&F Great topic.

I am so sick and disgusted by the increasing amount of stories like this. I believe the people we trust to protect us should face more severe penalties for betraying that trust when, in fact, they are usually aquitted or slapped on the wrist because the judges go easy on them and their fellow gang members, who's words are as good as gold, LIE for them.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

Exactly. And, the cop sentences should be Mandatory-so the Judges/Juries can't take it easy on them etc.

I have seen it happen. Cops do get off lightly-in most cases. I can think of one PA trooper who is in jail-for murdering his lovers husband-stabbed in neck. Guy was a doctor-I think that is what did it for the jury. Anyway, many more cops get away-with murder (so-to-speak).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join